Bridging the Requirements Gap with Model-Based Systems Engineering
ANN ARBOR, Michigan, 29 January 2014—CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces that it will hold it first Systems Engineering and Simulation & Analysis workshop in Europe. Previously, workshops on these two important product development topics have been held with great success in the US. The workshop will take place in Bad Homburg (Frankfurt), Germany on 9 April 2014.
This one-day workshop will focus on two critical areas of model-based engineering:
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE): The evolving paradigm for systems engineering is that digital models augment requirements documents that are typically used to describe product functionality, performance, and other requirements. These models are shared across the domains of mechanical, electrical, software, controls and other physics.
- Linking Requirements to Product Design: Companies struggle to define, capture and manage requirements and then to track and validate design performance to those requirements. Digital systems models provide a link between requirements and the realization of the physical design, enabling verification of the requirements and validation of the design.
Participants in the workshop should expect to gain a solid understanding of current best practices and the work that CIMdata’s Systems Engineering and Simulation & Analysis Knowledge Councils have been undertaking. CIMdata’s PLM Knowledge Councils conduct in-depth research for both industrial organizations and PLM solution providers, emphasizing strategic as well as practical, tactical options for companies to follow as they further adopt PLM and refine their strategies.
At this workshop you will experience a lively forum in which to discuss real issues. You will also have the opportunity to have your voice heard and make your opinion on this topic count. This event also provides the chance to network with other professionals, CIMdata’s subject matter experts, and members of the CIMdata’s Systems Engineering and Simulation & Analysis Knowledge Councils. There will be plenty of time for open (and for private) discussions.
Expect to learn more about:
- How systems engineering can be used to dramatically improve upfront capabilities to define product requirements and design product architectures.
- The critical role of simulation to support product development decisions.
- How system models and simulation are used to close the loop between product performance and system requirements.
- Using systems engineering as a strategy to deal with increasing product complexity.
- How shared models enable collaboration and concurrent engineering across domains and disciplines.
- Strategies to manage systems engineering and simulation as strategic capabilities to create a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Creating a vision and roadmap for MBSE.
- The cultural and organizational barriers to implementation and how you can get beyond them.
- Requirements to integrate systems engineering and simulation with other engineering and business applications and data in the PLM ecosystem.
For the complete agenda, please visit: http://cimdata.com/en/education/knowledge-council-workshops/se-sa-workshop-april-2014/se-sa-2014-agenda
Attendance is limited, to maintain an interactive workshop atmosphere with open one-on-one discussions and interactions. To learn more about the workshop or to register please go to CIMdata’s website: http://cimdata.com/en/education/knowledge-council-workshops/se-sa-workshop-april-2014
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and providers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata’s services, visit our website at www.CIMdata.com, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CIMdataPLMNews, or contact CIMdata at: 3909 Research Park Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA, Tel: +1 734.668.9922. Fax: +1 734.668.1957; or at Oogststraat 20, 6004 CV Weert, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 (0) 495.533.666.
For more information contact
Cheryl Peck, Director of Marketing Gerard Litjens, Director of European Operations