For the 2014 competition, students are challenged to modify and machine an optic mirror design. They have two options for making the mirror: modifying the supplied part file to reduce the weight but maintain the structural integrity, or get creative with the part file using an area of the mirror to express themselves.
The Celebrity Judge
The 2014 IOF competition will be judged by a team of experts at Optimax. Optimax, founded in 1991 and located in Ontario, NY, builds the optics behind the latest breakthrough technologies in aerospace, defense, and consumer electronics. They leverage their optics manufacturing technology for programs that benefit mankind and projects that defend our freedom. Their know-how, innovation, and speed enable quicker production of precision optics to meet emerging market needs. Some of the most sophisticated programs in the world trust Optimax to produce the most complex optics reliably.
Everyone who enters the competition receives an exclusive Mastercam IOF shirt. The student who creates the winning entry will be awarded a $1,000 check, as well as a seat of Mastercam Mill Level 1 software. In addition, the winner and a guest will receive a trip to Florida to visit the Kennedy Space Center with CNC Software and Optimax.
All entries to the Mastercam 2014 IOF competition are subject to the following requirements:
- The part must be programmed with a licensed copy of Mastercam software.
- The part must have a professional look and remain consistent with the theme industry standards.
- The part must adhere to the specifications.
- Tell us the story behind your part entry; the inspiration for its design, materials used, etc.
- Include photos of you holding the part, your instructor, the school lab, and the CNC machine. Electronic files are preferred.
- The entry must consist of one finished, unpainted part.
- All entries become the property of CNC Software, Inc. Parts cannot be returned.
- All designs become the property of CNC Software, Inc.
- All entries and completed entry forms must be received by May 15, 2014.
- While we welcome past winners to submit entries, past winners are not eligible to win the grand prize.
For more information on the 2014 Mastercam Innovator of the Future competition, including entry form and part specifications, please visit www.mastercamiof.com.
Developed by CNC Software, Inc., Mastercam is Windows®-based CAD/CAM software for 2- through 5-axis routing, milling and turning, 2- and 4-axis wire EDM, 2D and 3D design, surface and solid modeling, artistic relief cutting, and Swiss machining. CNC Software is a privately owned corporation founded in 1983. The U.S.-based company provides Mastercam CAD/CAM solutions to more than 187,000 installations in 75 countries in industries including mold-making, prototyping, automotive, medical, aerospace, and consumer products. Mastercam runs under Windows 7 and Windows 8, and is compatible with all other CAD/CAM systems. For more information about CNC Software, Inc. and its Mastercam family of products, contact CNC Software, Inc., M - F, 8 AM - 5 PM EST at (800) 228-2877 or (860) 875-5006,—671 Old Post Road, Tolland, CT 06084. Or visit www.mastercam.com.
SOURCE CNC Software, Inc.
|CNC Software, Inc.
Michelle Nemeth, Phone: (860) 875-5006