WILSONVILLE, Ore. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — December 3, 2013 — Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced its new version of the Mentor® Embedded Sourcery™ CodeBench embedded software development tools, integrated with the award-winning graphical debugging and analysis Sourcery™ Analyzer technology, with the latest feature-rich open source components. The new version provides embedded developers with access to updated and validated open source software (OSS) components. The latest updates deliver fast compilation, superior debugging, and improved runtime performance. In addition, embedded Linux developers can now create powerful customized trace and performance analysis routines using the updated Sourcery Analyzer technology.
“Sourcery CodeBench is our flagship embedded development platform, and providing our customers access to the latest open source technologies enables them to create innovative embedded systems with ease and greater reliability,” stated Guy Moshe, general manager of open source tools, Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division. “The development and debug features of Sourcery CodeBench and Sourcery Analyzer focus on enabling our customers to produce optimized embedded systems.”
Sourcery CodeBench and Sourcery Analyzer Product Features
Key updates and features in the new release of the Sourcery CodeBench tools include:
- Update of the compiler to GCC 4.8.1, providing access to a new general optimization level (-Og) for fast compilation and superior debugging with improved runtime performance
- Update to Eclipse CDT 8.2
- An enhanced GDB (7.6.50) console that enables breakpoints, watchpoints and tracepoints to be set and shown in the breakpoints view; all breakpoints related to GDB commands are now supported and synchronized with the user interface (UI)
- Support for the Subversion revision control system
- Improved C++11 support
- The ability to create both GNU/Linux and bare-metal applications with a single installation (Professional Edition only)
- Windows 8 host support, including extended compile caching for faster compile times
- A dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 Vista™ Virtual Prototype that provides greater visibility into execution including performance and power consumption (Professional Edition only)
New features in this release of the Sourcery Analyzer tool include:
- Support for importing Diagnostic Logging and Trace (DLT) file format, enabling users of GENIVI-compliant Linux to analyze infotainment application trace data
- Quicker integration with Linux platforms
- Collect data from remote systems using the standalone data collection script generation tool
- Extended documentation and improved code template creation of custom analysis agents
Expanded Hardware Support
The new Sourcery CodeBench release provides additional hardware support for Altera Cyclone V, Freescale i.MX6Q SABRE Lite, Texas Instruments OMAP5432 (ARM Cortex-A15) and Texas Instruments Tiva TM3C123 and TM4C129 devices.
Sourcery CodeBench Product Availability
The new Sourcery CodeBench toolchain is available now and a free trial version can be downloaded here: http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/sourcery-tools/sourcery-codebench/evaluations/. The starting price for the Personal Edition is $399 USD per seat and $3,000 USD for the Professional Edition, which includes the advanced debugging and performance analysis capabilities of the Sourcery Analyzer tool listed above.
To learn more about this new release of the Sourcery CodeBench product, please attend an upcoming webinar on the newest GNU toolchain components including the new GCC 4.8.1 compiler by visiting: http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/events/improve-your-embedded-software-development-flow
About Mentor Embedded
The Mentor Graphics® Embedded Software Division enables embedded development for a variety of applications including automotive, industrial, smart energy, medical devices, and consumer electronics. Embedded developers can create systems with the latest processors and micro-controllers with commercially supported and customizable Linux®-based solutions including the industry -leading Sourcery™ CodeBench and Mentor Embedded Linux products. For real-time control systems, developers can take advantage of the small-foot-print and low-power-capable Nucleus® RTOS. For more information, visit www.mentor.com/embedded.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation is a world leader in electronic hardware and
software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and
award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronic,
semiconductor and systems companies. Established in 1981, the company
reported revenues in the last fiscal year of nearly $1,090 million.
Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road,
Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. World Wide Web site: