"It has helped us to understand the recognition Design News readers in the form of feedback on features of our product. In addition, we can use the award in our go to market documents and marketing efforts to acknowledge the industry recognition we have received." Chris Loberg, Tektronix, 2012 Golden Mousetrap Award Winner
Furthering celebrating excellence with new products and innovative business practices, Design News has added three new categories to the Golden Mousetrap Awards program. There are now 19 award categories accepting submissions.
- Employer of the Year
- Leadership in Sustainable Manufacturing
- Innovation in Manufacturing - Readers' Choice
- Rising Engineering Star presented in partnership with Mouser Electronics
- Product Awards: Electronics & Test
- Components, Hardware & Interconnects
- Embedded Computing/Processing
- Analog/Power Management/Control
- Test & Measurement
- Product Awards: Automation & Control
- Fluid Power Technologies
- Industrial Network Technologies (e.g., I/O, Ethernet, Wireless)
- Motors and Mechanical Motion Devices
- Sensors, Vision Systems, Feedback Devices, & Peripherals
- Product Awards: Design Tools: Hardware & Software
- Analysis & Calculation Software
- CAD/PDM/PLM Software
- Product Awards: Materials & Assembly
- Engineering Plastics
- Fastening, Joining & Assembly Components
- Materials Processing
- 3D Printing & Rapid Prototyping Materials, Tools & Services
In addition to the expanded awards program, a Lifetime Achievement Award has been added recognizing a member of the North American design and manufacturing community who has made an impact on the community.
Finally, the original entry deadline has been extended; please visit, the Entry Requirements page for more information or to enter the Golden Mousetrap Awards.
As announced in September, the award ceremony will be held in conjunction with Pacific Design & Manufacturing, MD&M West, WestPack, PLASTEC West, Electronics West, ATX West, and AeroCon in Anaheim, CA; Tuesday, February 11, 2014; Anaheim Marriott Ballroom; 5:15pm. For tickets to attend the ceremony, register here.
About UBM Canon
UBM Canon is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media company for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B-to-B communities and markets.
About UBM plc
UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news and updates from across the businesses and selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM Canon
Steven Carlisle, UBM Canon