For transportation managers in the food industry, keeping perishables at the precise right temperature from warehouse to truck to final destination is crucial. If the temperature in a trailer drops even a few degrees, pallets of food can go bad quickly, easily costing companies thousands of dollars. According to Forbes, the food industry annually discards $35 billion worth of spoiled goods.
Now, with TempTracker available on PowerVue, transportation managers can easily access a secure website to view temperature data, track trends and create on-demand reports. Exceptions are noted via an alerting engine and can also be tracked and trended. For added protection, fleets can add optional door sensors that monitor door openings and closings and their precise effects on temperature.
"Making TempTracker available on our PowerVue system was a high-priority for Cadec this year," said Pete Allen, CEO of Cadec. "We made significant advances to both the hardware and software capabilities of TempTracker so it would work effectively for our PowerVue customers, whose livelihoods depend on transporting goods at the proper temperature to their distributors."
TempTracker for PowerVue features:
- Easy to View, Up-to-Date Temperature Information with Alerts - TempTracker sensors send temperature readings to a receiver connected to an On-Board Computer (OBC) in the tractor approximately every five minutes. The driver is immediately alerted via the OBC when the temperature of a particular sensor reports above or below a certain target, acceptable range. An icon and audible alert on the OBC is the first line of defense for temperature variances. At any time, drivers can also look at the temperature of all sensors in the trailer by pressing the temperature icon on the OBC.
- Door Sensors - A temperature sensor may also have a door sensor as part of a trailer configuration. When a door sensor recognizes a door opening or a door closing, the door status will also be recorded along with each temperature reading.
- Back-end Alerts - The back end will be notified of any temperature exceptions via triggered alerts. The back-end alert can be configured to include/exclude trailers and then send exception notifications to subscribers.
- Trip Reporting - PowerVue will allow back-office users to chart trip temperatures per breadcrumb. Once the trail of a trailer is mapped for the particular date and time range selected, a temperature graph will be displayed for each sensor. The view can be played, reversed or fast forwarded and the temperature of each sensor at each breadcrumb charted.
- Exception Reporting - PowerVue allows temperature exceptions to be aggregated and trended by sensor, trip, route, vehicle, or driver. Each report view can also be filtered by sites, vehicles, drivers, sensors, dates, number to display, threshold of number of exceptions, and threshold of length of exception. Drilling down on a result in report view will display the detailed information associated with the exception.
Cadec, an Elite Sponsor of IFDA, will demonstrate TempTracker for PowerVue during the IFDA Distribution Solutions Conference at Booth #823. For more information on TempTracker, visit www.cadec.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cadec Global helps companies stay connected to their fleets, ensuring safety and compliance while improving customer service and reducing costs. The company provides the only fleet management solution that provides true real-time data access for delivery operations. With a rugged on-board computer designed to be the hub of the smart truck and powerful software that enables mobility and integration, Cadec's solution acts as a single interface for all in-cab systems allowing fleet managers to monitor driver actions and vehicle status in real time, 24/7. Learn more at www.Cadec.com.
Cadec, PowerVue and TempTracker are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cadec Global. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
For information, contact: Kerry Metzdorf Big Swing Communications (978) 463-2575 Email Contact