New Computing Architectures Increase Performance, Density, I/O Bandwidth and Energy Efficiency to Maximize Infrastructure SavingsSAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 10, 2013 — (PRNewswire) — Super Micro Computer, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMCI), a global leader in high-performance, high-efficiency server, storage technology and green computing, introduces new Server and Storage technologies ready to support the new Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v2 families (formerly codenamed Ivy Bridge) at Intel Developer Forum, IDF13 this week in San Francisco. New products taking full advantage of Intel's latest processor technologies include FatTwin™, new TwinPro²™ systems, 12Gb/s SAS3 solutions, SuperBlade®, Xeon Phi™ coprocessor solutions, SuperStorage, SuperWorkstations and Embedded products. In addition, Supermicro's dual-processor (DP), uni-processor (UP) motherboards and optimized chassis server Building Block Solutions® offer increased choice and flexibility for architecting perfectly optimized computing solutions. Supermicro's new higher efficiency system architectures combined with Intel's latest processors deliver performance gains of up to 40% over prior generation solutions and existing solutions support an easy upgrade path to the new processors with a simple Supermicro BIOS 3.0 flash update.
"Once again, Supermicro leads the industry with the best and most innovative green computing solutions supporting Intel's new Ivy Bridge processors," said Charles Liang, President and CEO of Supermicro. "Our architecture advancements in FatTwin, TwinPro² and SAS3 12Gb/s solutions deliver the highest computing performance and energy efficiency with maximized PCI-E, memory and storage I/O bandwidth for unrivaled performance per watt, per dollar, per square foot. Our new server, storage and workstation solutions, combined with full integration and support services worldwide, help organizations minimize TCO and maximize ROI as they scale their business."
"Intel's Xeon processor E5-2600/1600 v2 families push performance and efficiency to new levels with greater density and feature integration thanks to Intel's 22nm Tri-gate transistor technology," said Shannon Poulin, vice president and general manager of Intel Datacenter Marketing Group. "Intel works closely with partners such as Supermicro to ensure their latest computing solutions offer increased performance with higher frequency and core counts, lower power consumption and more features such as security and PCI-E acceleration. With Supermicro's rapidly expanding product lines and worldwide presence, our combined technology innovations can get to market quickly and contribute to a greener, more secure computing environment."
Supermicro will exhibit its new server and storage solutions at IDF13, including the recently announced extreme-density 6U, 112 node MicroBlade featuring the ultra low power 8-Core Intel® Atom™ Processor C2000 (formerly codenamed Avoton). This innovative new microserver architecture enables cost-effective, environment friendly scalability.
IDF13 Exhibits Include
- Power saving 4U FatTwin™ ( SYS-F617R3-FT) optimized to reduce cooling power requirements and 4U 4-node FatTwin with 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDD bay per 1U.
- 4U 4x hot-swap node HPC FatTwin™ ( SYS-F627G3-FT+) supporting up to 12x Intel® Xeon Phi™ 7120P Coprocessors.
- 2U TwinPro2 – 4x hot-plug nodes, each node supporting 2x Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2 processors, up to 1TB memory in 16x DIMMs, 1x PCI-E 3.0 (x16) slot, 2x 10GBase-T or GbE ports, onboard QDR/FDR InfiniBand and 6x 12Gb/s hot-swap 2.5" SAS3 HDD/SSDs
- 12Gb/s SAS3 storage solutions in 1U (SYS-1027R-WC1R/WC1RT) supporting 10x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD bays, 2U (SSG-2027R-AR24NV) supporting 24x 2.5" hot-swap HDD/SSD bays, Xeon E5-2600 v2 optimized DP motherboard (MBD-X9DRW-CF31/-CTF31) with 8-port 12Gb/s mezzanine module (AOM-S3108-H8) and PCI-E 3.0 Add-on Cards (AOC-S3108L-H8iR, AOC-S3008L-L8i, HBA/AOC-S3008L-L8e) that provide an immediate migration path to 12Gb/s with SAS3 benefits of up to 30% increased performance for existing 6Gb/s HDD/SSDs.
- 3U MicroCloud in 12-node (SYS-5038ML-H12TRF), 8-node (SYS-5038ML-H8TRF) and coming 24-node (SYS-5038ML-H24TRF) configurations supporting independent hot-swappable nodes, Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3, 32GB memory, up to 2x 3.5" or optional 4x 2.5" HDDs and MicroLP expansion
SuperBlade® all-in-one solutions featuring 20x blade support, redundant Platinum Level high-efficiency (94%+) power supplies, high speed connectivity through
switch modules, including 56Gb/s FDR IB (SBM-IBS-F3616M), FC/FCoE (SBM-XEM-F8X4SM), 10GbE (SBM-XEM-X10SM) and 1/10GbE (SBM-GEM-X3S+) and centralized remote management software.
- SBI-7127RG-E Blade supporting 2x Intel® Xeon Phi™, dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v2 processors, up to 256GB memory, 1x SSD or 1x SATA-DOM, and onboard BMC for IPMI 2.0 support. 10x blades offer high density (120x Xeon Phi and 120x CPUs) and performance (170 TFLOPS theoretical) per 42U rack.
- Dual-node DP TwinBlade® ( SBI-7227R-T2) offering the highest compute density with up to 120 dual Xeon E5-2600 v2 processor servers per 42U rack achieving an unrivaled 0.35U per DP node
- 4U high capacity Double-Sided Storage® ( SSG-6047R-E1R72L) featuring 72x 3.5" SAS2 or SATA3 HDDs and dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 (up to 130W)
- Embedded 1U compact server Building Block Solutions® (SYS-5018A-TN4, SYS-5018A-FTN4) optimized for Intel® Atom™ processor C2000 product family (formerly codenamed Avoton and Rangeley) designed for low power (sub 20W), compact storage and server appliances and entry level communication devices taking advantage of Intel's QuickAssist Technology.
- Dual Processor (DP) motherboards feature Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v2 family support and a variety of design optimizations including support for CPUs up to 150W TDP, up to 1866MHz memory (single channel DIMM), additional PCI-E 3.0 acceleration, 10% increased virtualization performance, and additional security features with OS Guard and Secure Key technologies.
- X9DRL-EF – Small Form Factor ATX, Embedded
- X9DRX+-F – 11x PCI-E slots
- X9DAX-7F – Hyper-Speed Hardware Acceleration, Workstation
- X9DRD-EF – Data Center Optimized
- X9DR7-TF+ – 24x DIMM, application optimized, storage, Big Data
- X9DRG-QF – Quad Xeon Phi Workstation
- X9DRG-HF+II – 16x DIMM, additional Xeon Phi density
- Uni Processor (UP) motherboards feature Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600/1600 v2, E3-1200 v3, 4th Generation Intel® Core™ and Intel Atom™ processor C2000 support in a variety of design optimized solutions.
- A1SAi-2750F – Mini-ITX Intel® Atom™ "Avoton" 8-Core compact short-depth server appliance
- A1SRi-2758F – Mini-ITX Intel® Atom™ "Rangeley" 8-Core communication server
- X9SR series supports Intel® Xeon® E5-2600/1600 v2 processors for faster memory speeds (1866MHz) and improved virtualization performance
- X10SLV – Mini-ITX for Embedded
- X10SL7-F – MicroATX "Haswell" with 8x SAS 6Gb/s ports for high-performance storage
- X10SLA-F – ATX with 5x Legacy PCI 5V slots for A/V applications
- X10SLM+-LN4F – MicroATX with 4x LAN controllers and virtualization optimized for Networking/Firewall Appliances and Data Center
- X10SLH-F – MicroATX with VHD (Virtual Hosted Desktop) support and 7 years long life
- C7Z87-OCE – ATX supporting Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors and overclocking
- High bandwidth 10-Gigabit Ethernet top-of-rack switches: 24-port SSE-X24S and new 48-port SSE-X3348T/TR 10GBASE-T switch. Plus the popular and versatile 52-port SSE-G2252P with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capability.
- Supermicro's System Management Software Suite provides sophisticated power management (SPM) down to clusters, servers or processors, system health monitoring (SuperDoctor® 5) and additional out-of-band management utilities that provide batch BIOS updates and provision BIOS system settings (SUM) through baseboard management controller (BMC) without interrupting application performance.
Visit Supermicro at IDF 2013 in San Francisco, September 10-12, Booths #500 & #826 in the Moscone West Convention Center to see their latest Intel® Xeon® E5-2600/1600 v2 solutions. For more information on Supermicro's complete line of high performance server and storage solutions, visit www.supermicro.com.
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/Big Data, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green®" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.