The new portfolio includes three new HP ZBook Mobile Workstations, processor and graphics enhancements to the award-winning line of HP Z Desktop Workstations, and two new HP Z Displays.
The HP Z family of products is engineered to meet the needs of the world's most demanding customers, where mission-critical operations require the best performance and reliability. The first workstations to incorporate Thunderbolt, select HP Z Mobile and Desktop Workstations now can take advantage of high-speed data transmission between Z Workstations, displays and peripherals, providing the industry's fastest, most versatile I/O connection.
Ideal for professionals in engineering, CAD, architecture, design, animation, film, education, government and healthcare, the HP Z portfolio of products has been engineered, tested and certified for professional applications.
"Professional customers rely on trusted partners to provide technology solutions that are tested and certified for the mission-critical applications they run," said Jim Zafarana, vice president and general manager, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. "The HP Z subbrand has become a hallmark for professional products engineered to the highest standards -- the expansion of the Z portfolio demonstrates HP's commitment to the professional market that many other vendors have abandoned."
HP reinvents the mobile workstation
With the introduction of the HP ZBook portfolio, HP has reinvented the mobile workstation and infused it with the HP Z DNA that customers around the world have come to recognize. The new HP ZBook Mobile Workstations now feature a new thinner and lighter industrial design. The HP ZBook family includes the world's first workstation Ultrabook -- the HP ZBook 14 -- as well as the HP ZBook 15 and 17.
Designed for workstation-class professionals that demand mobility, the new HP ZBook Mobile Workstations feature 4th Generation Intel® Haswell dual- and quad-core processor options(4) and next-generation graphics technologies from NVIDIA and AMD, including the newly announced Keplar-based professional graphics from NVIDIA. The HP ZBook Mobile Workstations all feature innovative tool-free chassis for easy upgrades and serviceability.
The HP ZBook 14 also comes with the option for a touch-enabled panel, making it a great choice for anyone who likes a hands-on experience. The HP ZBook 15 will include an option for a super-high-resolution QHD+ 3,200 x 1,800 display providing greater detail in images for customers that require extreme image accuracy. The HP ZBook 15 and 17 feature a Thunderbolt port, as well as an optional DreamColor Display panel that provides accurate and consistent color from the display to print and the big screen.
HP Z Workstations get a boost with Ivy Bridge and Thunderbolt
Adding to the already powerful line of HP Z Desktop Workstations, the HP Z420, Z620 and Z820 Workstations have been updated to include the latest Intel Xeon®(4) E5-1600v2 and E5-2600v2 families of processors -- also called Ivy Bridge -- as well as new memory running 16 percent faster and 2nd generation Thunderbolt ports for creative work flows. The addition of Thunderbolt will accelerate creative projects with data transfer speeds four times faster than the bandwidth of USB 3.0, easily connecting multiple devices with just one single, compact Thunderbolt port.
The dual-socket HP Z820 Workstation delivers exceptional performance, award-winning industrial design and tool-free serviceability in the industry's most expandable chassis. The HP Z820 offers up to 24 processing cores, up to 512 GB of ECC memory,(5) up to 15 TB of high-speed storage,(6) and up to two NVIDIA K6000 graphics.
The HP Z620 Workstation packs computing and visualization power into a quiet, compact footprint. The HP Z620 is HP's most versatile workstation, providing up to 24 discrete processing cores, up to 192 GB of ECC memory, up to 12 TB of high-speed storage, and up to NVIDIA K6000 or dual NVIDIA K5000 graphics for high-speed graphics performance.
HP's most popular workstation, the HP Z420, includes up to eight processing cores using the latest Intel Xeon processor E5-1600 v2 and E5-2600 v2 product families, providing up to 64 GB of ECC memory, up to 12 TB of high-speed storage, and NVIDIA Quadro K6000 or AMD W7000, or dual NVIDIA K2000 graphics. The enhanced HP Z420 Workstation provides new levels of performance and expandability in an accessible tool-free mini-tower form factor -- and at a great price.
HP Z Displays provide excellent image accuracy
Adding to the company's line of professional displays, the new HP Z27i and Z30i IPS Displays are ideal for designers, content creators and knowledge workers across the enterprise who need outstanding image accuracy, exceptional adjustability and mission-critical reliability optimized for professionals.
The new displays provide excellent coverage of the sRGB color space -- the standard color space for the web, and for the majority of engineering, creative and professional applications -- with the HP Z27i and Z30i both offering 100 percent coverage.(3) The HP Z30i also covers 100 percent of the Adobe® RGB color space, commonly used in photography and digital prepress workflows.
Built with IPS Gen 2 panels, HP Z Displays deliver a power savings of up to 37 percent compared to HP's first-generation IPS technology products, yet still deliver the same excellent color accuracy across wide viewing angles as compared with IPS Gen 1. The HP Z Displays are ENERGY STAR® qualified and EPEAT® Gold registered. Both displays feature an HP four-way adjustable stand that includes the HP QR2 quick release and both are TCO Certified. To free up valuable desk space, an HP Thin Client Mount Kit also is available for both the HP Z27i and Z30i, allowing users to securely mount an HP Thin Client or Ultra Slim desktop to the back of the display.
Pricing and availability(7)
- The HP ZBook Mobile Workstations 15 and 17 are available worldwide today and the HP ZBook 14 is planned to be available in late October.
- The enhanced HP Z420, Z620 and Z820 Workstations are planned to be available worldwide in October starting $1,399, $1,689 and $2,439, respectively.
- The HP Z27i is planned to be available in October starting at $729, and the HP Z30i Display is available today starting at $1,329.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. With the broadest technology portfolio spanning printing, personal systems, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP delivers solutions for customers' most complex challenges in every region of the world. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Not all configurations qualify as an Ultrabook.
(2) Thunderbolt is new technology. Thunderbolt cable and Thunderbolt device (sold separately) must be compatible with Windows. To determine whether your device is Thunderbolt Certified for Windows, see https://thunderbolttechnology.net/products. Internet access required.
(3) All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
(4) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations.
(5) Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
(6) For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30GB of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
(7) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Xeon are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government. Adobe is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.