ATLANTA — (BUSINESS WIRE) — July 30, 2013 — Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global provider of performance power and mobile semiconductor solutions, has renewed its investment in Stibo Systems by upgrading to Stibo System’s STEP 6.0. A customer since 2010, Fairchild Semiconductor originally selected Stibo Systems award-winning multidomain master data management (MDM) platform to create and manage accurate product information used to support their global web presence. Having achieved a solid ROI, Fairchild Semiconductor will extend its use and establish a central source of trusted information that will include vendor and purchased materials information. By leveraging version 6.0, the Company will create a true multidomain MDM solution that will manage product information hierarchies and complex bill of materials with support for both technical and marketing content.
- Fairchild designs, manufactures and supplies power and mobile semiconductor technologies that are used in automotive, mobile, LED lighting and power management applications.
- Fairchild will continue to leverage Stibo Systems' MDM platform to manage more than 13,000 finished good products with over 19,000 digital assets, including product data sheets and other marketing documents.
- Using Stibo Systems' technology and services, Fairchild can establish more accurate and consistent product hierarchies that are created from the semiconductor industry viewpoint. These categories are based on a number of elements that include both the physical nature of the product as well as the application in which it will be used.
- Fairchild utilizes Stibo’s MDM solution to control the highly complex bill of materials components they buy from vendors and to manage details such as pricing, qualification, and supply chain information. In the future, the Company plans to extend its use of STEP to manage more detailed vendor information.
- By leveraging the new workflow and portal capabilities found in Stibo’s MDM solution, Fairchild will make it easier for more than 60 data stewards and owners to manage and see only the data that is applicable to their particular role. Controlled by workflow, Stibo‘s solution ensures that only the appropriate data is funneled to users; thereby improving efficiency by bringing data management closer to the respective data owner.
"We have always had a broad vision for our product master data solution," said Barry Driscoll, Senior Director of Information Technology at Fairchild Semiconductor. "So while we initially set out to manage product marketing information on the web, we always envisioned extending its reach to manage additional, internal product information as well as manufacturing data such as bill of materials components. The Stibo Systems MDM platform has supported these goals by enabling us to develop a comprehensive product and material information repository. This platform help to ensure that we buy the right product, from the right vendor, at the right price."
"According to our recent PIM benchmark, organizations know they have room for improvement when it comes to managing product information; only 27 percent trust their efforts completely, and less than a fifth (19%) are very satisfied with them. Stibo's repeat customers speaks to the trust and satisfaction they have in the platform," said Mark Smith, CEO and Chief Research Officer at Ventana Research. "Stibo provides a solid foundation to eliminating errors and mistakes in product information. Its level of support in manageability, reliability and capability topped all other vendors in our PIM Value Index, with the hottest “Hot” vendor on an overall weighted basis. We're not surprised with their continued success."
Stibo Systems Quote:
"For manufacturers like Fairchild, there is literally zero margin for error as any inaccuracy in terms of materials or specifications can result in a faulty product," said Todd Callen, Executive Vice-President Stibo Systems. "We are thrilled to see Fairchild expand their solution to a full service multidomain solution, and we look forward to helping them manage both material and product information for even better business value and ROI."
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems gives data direction by providing organizations with a leading multidomain master data management (MDM) solution. Stibo Systems enables its customers to better manage enterprise intelligence on a global scale, improve sales, and quickly adjust to changes in business requirements. Stibo Systems' STEP technology is a flexible, uniform MDM solution that provides a single trusted source of operational information for the entire enterprise. Stibo Systems is a subsidiary of the privately held Stibo A/S group, originally founded in 1794 with corporate headquarters in Aarhus, Denmark. For more information, visit www.stibosystems.com.
McCoin & Smith Communications Inc.
Chris McCoin, 508-429-5988
Richard Smith, 978-433-3304
Terry Stickler, 678-797-8499
Sr. Director of Marketing