Ann Arbor, Michigan, 10 July 2013—CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces the release of the CIMdata 2013 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report, the second of five modules of the CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2012. It contains analyses of major trends and issues, leading PLM solution providers, revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2013 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2012, forecasts of investments for 2013 through 2017, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2012.
- The CIMdata 2013 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2012, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2013 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2013 through 2017.
- The CIMdata 2013 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2012 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2012 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2013 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2012 market results. CIMdata’s 2012 estimates and market forecasts for Mainstream PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
“The PLM market started strongly in 2012, and then growth tailed off in the second half of the year,” according to Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Vice President of Research, “MCAD revenues grew slowly in both sub-segments that CIMdata tracks. Once again, simulation and analysis (S&A) was the fastest growing segment, showing the increasing importance of S&A across the product development lifecycle.” This report provides CIMdata’s perspectives on current trends in the PLM industry and how they may affect current suppliers and investments.
The focus of the 2013 Trends report is on how decision-making in product development is changing through the application of technology in a number of ways. Several trends are commented upon. Cross-disciplinary collaboration must be better supported to effectively implement systems engineering. Despite the growing sales of S&A solutions, there is still a lot of work to do to “democratize” the technology so that it can be used more widely and earlier in the product development cycle. The emerging area of “Big Data” is showing promise to help users make better informed PLM decisions. Innovative user interfaces are bringing the right data to the right people at the right time. Mobile apps help people make better decisions. Are they doing the same in PLM? Beyond discussing PLM trends, the report also includes a detailed appendix that documents the evolution of the PLM competitive landscape over the last decade.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and providers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata’s services, visit our website at www.CIMdata.com, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CIMdataPLMNews, or contact CIMdata at: 3909 Research Park Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA, Tel: +1 734.668.9922. Fax: +1 734.668.1957; or at Oogststraat 20, 6004 CV Weert, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 (0) 495.533.666.