First Module of the 2013 PLM MAR Report Series
Ann Arbor, Michigan, 9 July 2013—CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM strategic management consulting and research firm announces the release of the CIMdata 2013 PLM Executive PLM Market Report. This report provides an executive-level view of CIMdata’s comprehensive analysis of the PLM market, with summary charts on the overall market and on specific PLM solution segments (including the chart below). It also includes perspectives on current trends in the PLM industry and how they may affect current suppliers and investments.
Mainstream PLM Market Sector Sizes in 2012 (US$ Millions)
Based on CIMdata estimates, the Mainstream PLM market grew 12.6% in 2012 to US$21.1 billion. “The PLM market started strongly in 2012, and then growth tailed off in the second half of the year,” according to Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Vice President of Research, “MCAD revenues grew slowly in both sub-segments that CIMdata tracks. Once again, simulation and analysis (S&A) was the fastest growing segment, showing the increasing importance of S&A across the product development lifecycle.”
This report is the first of five modules of the CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series to be released. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2012. It contains analyses of major trends and issues; revenues of leading PLM providers; and revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2013 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2012, forecasts of investments for 2013 through 2017, and a summary of PLM solution providers’ performance in 2012.
- The CIMdata 2013 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2012, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2013 PLM Market and Solution Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and its key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2013 through 2017.
- The CIMdata 2013 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2012 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2012 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
- The CIMdata 2013 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2012 market results. CIMdata’s 2012 estimates and market forecasts for Mainstream PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM-enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and providers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata’s services, visit our website at www.CIMdata.com, follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CIMdataPLMNews, or contact CIMdata at: 3909 Research Park Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA, Tel: +1 734.668.9922. Fax: +1 734.668.1957; or at Oogststraat 20, 6004 CV Weert, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 (0) 495.533.666.
For more information contact
Cheryl Peck, Director of Marketing
Tel: +1 734.668.9922
Stan Przybylinski, Vice President of Research
Tel: +1 734.668.9922