Co-hosted by the Suppliers Partnership for the Environment (SP), Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) and Oakland University, the Summit on Accelerating Innovation brings a diverse group of leaders from across the North American automotive supply chain together to understand and explore barriers presently limiting the widespread adoption of environmentally and economically impactful advanced manufacturing process innovations. Through lean process driven working sessions, the Summit will create a collaborative environment for leading organizations to work together to identify new opportunities to accelerate environmental innovation while enhancing the competiveness of the North American automotive supply chain.
In his role as Senior Policy Counsel, Matt Bogoshian leads US EPA and Obama administration efforts to help manufacturers and their supply chains profit by adopting more sustainable practices. Bogoshian works with senior leadership to combine the strengths of efforts such as the E3: Economy, Energy and the Environment framework, the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge, the Design for the Environment (DfE) program, the EnergyStar Industrial program and the SmartWay Partnership with other federal programs and the private market in order to optimize their collective benefit to American manufacturers and their communities.
Bogoshian was recently asked to serve as one of the principal deputies to the President's Investing in Manufacturing Communities Partnership initiative that is designed to accelerate the resurgence of manufacturing and create jobs in communities across the country. In that capacity and others, he has spent the last two years traveling across the nation engaging in listening sessions with community leaders and stakeholders, working to understand their continuous improvement needs, and then connecting them where possible to existing tools and resources.
Bogoshian will also be featured during an hour-long webcast panel discussion hosted by the Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) to look at innovative work being done by Suppliers Partnership members to green the auto supply chain across North America. Part of the CECTalks series of discussions with North American environmental leaders, this panel discussion will be webcast live and include questions from participants at the event and online. For more info write to Email Contact.
Facilitated by a team of Haley & Aldrich Inc. lean facilitators, Summit on Accelerating Innovation working sessions will explore key innovation opportunities, such as:
- Enabling Innovation: What strategic steps can organizations in the automotive supply chain take to identify, champion and drive the implementation of key innovative technologies and processes that improve the environment while providing economic value to the North American automotive supply chain? What barriers currently prevent the successful commercialization, implementation and scale up of potential market changing innovations?
- Securing the Talent Pipeline: What opportunities exist to leverage public-private partnerships to further develop the skilled technical professionals required for careers in the automotive sector, and to train and educate tomorrow's industry leaders to embrace innovation and sustainable thinking?
- Improving the Business Climate for Innovation: What opportunities exist to create a more competitive North American business environment which fosters environmental innovation and economic growth? (e.g. increasing North American intergovernmental coordination; addressing inconsistency / complexity in trade and regulatory concerns)
The Summit on Accelerating Innovation brings together North American automakers, suppliers, government, academia and investment leaders to explore opportunities to accelerate advanced manufacturing process innovation in the automotive supply chain. Participation in the Summit is limited and by invitation only. To request an invitation for your organization to participate in the Summit, please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AcceleratingInnovation
- Kellen Mahoney, Suppliers Partnership: 202-530-0096, Email Contact
- Megan Ainscow, Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC): Email Contact
- Theodore Montgomery, Oakland University: Email Contact
The Suppliers Partnership for the Environment (SP) is an innovative collaboration between automobile manufacturers – including American Honda Motor Co Inc., Chrysler Group LLC, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Hyundai America Technical Center, Inc., Nissan North America Inc., and Subaru of America Inc. – their suppliers, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). SP members work together to identify and implement creative projects and programs that will advance environmental sustainability while providing economic value to the automotive supply chain through strategic action and engagement. Learn more at www.supplierspartnership.org
The Commission for Environmental Cooperation (CEC) facilitates collaboration and public participation to foster conservation, protection and enhancement of the North American environment for the benefit of present and future generations, in the context of increasing economic, trade, and social links among Canada, Mexico, and the United States. Find out more at: www.cec.org
Oakland University is a doctoral, research university located in Oakland County, Michigan. The university has 139 bachelor's degree programs and 127 graduate degree and certificate programs. Dedicated to delivering a distinctive undergraduate experience that is complemented by the strength of its graduate offerings and research accomplishments, Oakland University is organized into the College of Arts and Sciences, the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine and the Schools of Business Administration, Education and Human Services, Engineering and Computer Science, Health Sciences, Nursing and The Honors College. Learn more at www.oakland.edu
SOURCE Suppliers Partnership for the Environment (SP)
|Suppliers Partnership for the Environment (SP)