- The 2013 AMD Elite Mobility APU (formerly codenamed "Temash") -- the world's first 28nm, quad-core x86 system-on-a-chip (SoC) APU designed for touch small form-factor notebooks, tablets, and hybrids 13-inches and below;
- The 2013 AMD Mainstream APU (formerly codenamed "Kabini") -- the first and only quad-core x86 SoC solution for entry-level and small-form factor touch notebooks;
- New, low power versions of the 2013 AMD Elite Performance APU (formerly codenamed "Richland") -- offer the best graphics and compute in a performance APU for premium ultrathin notebooks.
These new APUs are designed to effectively balance the needs of a wide range of new and traditional mobile PC users and are available beginning today from the world's top computer manufacturers, including products announced today from Acer and HP.
"The client market has evolved -- with greater diversity in the types of mobile form factors and higher performance demands from the software -- and AMD is uniquely positioned to deliver the best processors to meet the needs of mobile device users today," said Lisa Su, senior vice president and general manager, Global Business Units at AMD. "As computing becomes more visual and the graphics processor can be leveraged to do other types of processing, our dedication to the software community and the APU architecture sets us apart from the competition and enables us to deliver the best user experience whether on a tablet, a hybrid device or a notebook."
2013 AMD Mobile APU Platform Details
2013 AMD Elite Mobility APU
- World's first 28nm, quad-core x86 SoC APU, delivers the best graphics experience of any SoC on the planet for touch small form-factor notebooks, tablets and hybrids, 13-inches and below, enabling a superior HD media experience and high-end gaming.
- Available as AMD A-Series APUs, this new platform comes in dual (A4) and quad-core (A6) configurations, combining "Jaguar" x86 Central Processing Unit (CPU) cores with Graphics Core Next AMD RadeonT HD 8000 Series graphics.
- Up to 172 percent more CPU performance per watt and up to 212 percent better graphics performance per watt than its predecessor(1,2), and up to 12 hours of resting battery life(3).
- Up to 45 percent longer battery life and nearly five times more GPU performance than the competition(4,5).
- Full support for 1080p touch display capability and full Microsoft Windows compatibility, including support for "Windows Blue."
2013 AMD Mainstream APU
- Best-in-class graphics and first-in-class x86 quad core SoC delivers the ideal balance between function and affordability for entry-level and small-form factor touch notebooks.
- Combine either two or four "Jaguar" x86 CPU cores with
Graphics Core Next AMD Radeon HD 8000 Series graphics, enabling stunning visual performance and all-day battery life(6).
- Quad core 2013 Mainstream APUs, a part of the 2013 AMD A-Series APU family (A4 and A6 models), are the first and only quad-core x86 solution for entry-level and small-form factor touch notebooks.
- Dual core versions are AMD E-Series APUs, with E1 and E2 models available.
- Up to 132 percent better visual performance per watt and up to 127 percent better productivity performance per watt, plus up to 25 percent better power efficiency than previous generations(7,8,9), with up to 11 hours of idle battery life(10).
- Up to 88 percent better graphics performance, up to 33 percent better gaming performance and up to 29 percent faster file compression than the competition(11,12,13).
2013 AMD Elite Performance APU
- Top-of-the-line AMD A-Series APUs with A8 and A10 models that deliver the best graphics and compute in a performance APU, including elite performance and battery life, innovative features for the evolved PC user experience, and the most entertainment, all at a great value for premium ultrathin notebooks.
- Up to 12 percent better productivity performance and between 20-40 percent better visual performance than the previous generation(14,15), including up to 51 percent more power efficiency in HD video playback(16) and up to 13 hours of resting battery life(17).
- Between 39-72 percent better gaming performance on today's leading games than the competition(18).
2013 AMD Mobile APU User Experiences
All AMD APUs are designed to deliver the best user experience for the computing activities that matter most to consumer today. AMD is uniquely positioned to do this due to its breadth of experience that spans not only the traditional x86 compute architecture that's best suited for productivity-focused tasks like word processing and spread sheets, but also graphics processing for today's new user interfaces, and media- and graphics-intensive workloads. And the three new AMD APUs announced today offer a multitude of features related to looking at, and interacting with, mobile devices in a new way.
- AMD Elite Experiences Software -- Leverage the power of the combined compute and graphics cores in AMD Elite APU Platforms to accelerate a
suite of available software experiences that can dramatically expand and enhance the user experience:
- AMD Gesture Control(19) -- Control basic functions using hand gestures;
- AMD Face Login(20) -- Quickly log in to Windows and other browser-based sites;
- AMD Screen Mirror(21) -- Wirelessly share content with any supported TV or display.
- AMD Radeon Graphics with DirectX® 11.1 support -- Enjoy discrete-level performance for crisp & sharp photos, movies and games.
- AMD Dock Port -- Use up to four external monitors and sync to other devices through a single connection.
- AMD AllDay Power -- Stay unplugged with long battery life.
- AMD Start Now technology(22) -- Boot up or resume from hibernate in seconds.
- Visit the 2013 AMD Mobility APU landing page for videos, photos and more.
- Read a blog about AMD's unique market position.
- Watch a video about AMD's 2013 Mobility SoC APU Architecture.
- Find more product information at AMD.com.
- Follow all news from AMD on Twitter @AMD_Unprocessed.
- Find us on Facebook.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, AMD AllDay, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Performance claims and comparisons made in this release are based on specific configurations, applications and test conditions. For further information please visit the 2013 AMD Mobility APU landing page.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2318561
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2318564
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2318567
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2318570
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2318573