Third annual developer summit to showcase industrywide heterogeneous computing advancements and AMD leadership in APU and GPU technologies
SUNNYVALE, Calif., April 24, 2013 -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that its AMD Developer Summit 2013, called “APU13,” will be held Nov. 11-14, 2013 in San Jose, California at the McEnery Convention Center. The company’s third annual developer summit is expected to draw the architects and pioneers of the heterogeneous computing era, spanning silicon design, software development and tools, academia and emerging technologies.
Previous AMD developer summits saw the formation of the Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) Foundation in 2012 and the Microsoft announcement of C++ AMP in 2011. APU13 builds on that history with engaging sessions where attendees have the opportunity to learn more about next-generation software development, heterogeneous compute technologies and programming methods.
“AMD exceeded my expectations with its first two developer summits,” said Jon Peddie, principal and founder, Jon Peddie Research. “I saw an open and instructive exchange of ideas on software development, tools and APIs, free from the marketing hype that you get at many conferences.”
The APU13 agenda includes two new programs this year:
- The summit will feature a series of updates from HSA Foundation members that are collectively working to build a standards-based heterogeneous compute (HC) ecosystem. HSA defines interfaces for parallel computation and enables high bandwidth access to memory and high application performance at low power consumption. Additionally, HSA supports a diverse set of high-level programming languages, thereby creating the next foundation in general purpose computing;
- APU13 will also hold its first AMD Ventures Innovation Summit to highlight software and application development companies that utilize and expand uses for AMD solutions.
“This year’s summit will build on the AMD commitment to lead and facilitate the heterogeneous computing era, with the remarkable attending benefits for moving the technology experience forward. Both AMD and the HSA Foundation are excited to bring together technology influencers from all over the world to share in our vision and strategy for an open standard HC ecosystem,” said Phil Rogers, corporate fellow at AMD and president of the HSA Foundation. “We expect the summit to not only motivate future solutions and user experiences, but to also provide intense, provocative learning opportunities for an audience that is very important to us.”
Call for Presentation Proposals
AMD invites pioneers of next-generation software and the rapidly growing field of heterogeneous computing to share their latest work and research findings in the form of presentations. Presenters will have an opportunity to advocate new methodologies and paradigms, garner support for industry standards, and network with developers, innovators and academics who will help define the course of this technology. Presentation proposals are invited on the following topics:
- Heterogeneous Computing
- Web Technologies
- Cloud Computing – Servers & Data Center
- Gaming and Consumer Graphics
- Innovative Client Experiences
- Multimedia Processing
- Professional Graphics and Visual Computing
- Programming Languages and Models
- Programming Tools
Presentation proposals must be submitted by May 10, 2013. All proposals will be reviewed by an APU13 board composed of researchers, academics and practitioners in the #mce_temp_url# field. Selected candidates will be notified on or before June 7, 2013.
- More information about AMD Developer Summit 2013.
- More information about submitting a presentation proposal.
- Submit a presentation proposal visit the Call for Papers website.
- Tools, resources and information about heterogeneous compute visit the AMD Developer Site.
- View 2012 AMD Developer Summit Keynote.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading Cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit
AMD Public Relations
Tel: (512) 602-6020