Faster Performance, New Features and Support for DWG and CATIA V6
WESTMINSTER, Colo. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — April 2, 2013 — TransMagic, Inc., leading developer of high quality, 3D CAD data conversion, repair and validation software, today announced the release of the new R10 product line. The highly anticipated release includes new features, functionality and products, tailored to improve process efficiency involving complex CAD models.
New TransMagic R10 Products
- TransMagic PRO – An engineer’s tool for precise data translation. With automated geometry repair, retain ‘solid’ model conditions, assembly hierarchy and mass properties.
TransMagic EXPRESS – A streamlined interface that anyone can use. An efficient CAD translator with automated surface stitching and geometry repair.
- TransMagic CREATIVE – Views and converts all major CAD formats to the highest quality polygonal formats, including STL, PLY and OBJ. Used in various industries from rapid prototyping to video game development and the entertainment industry.
TransMagic R10 includes the updated release of MagicCheck. Excellent for 3D geometry comparison of any major 3D CAD or point data formats. MagicCheck is built for model validation, revision management and QA/QC reporting. Easily perform detailed analysis and documentation for quality assurance standards such as Boeing Document D6-51991, Quality Assurance Standard for Digital Product Definition (DPD).
New Formats, Features and Functionality
TransMagic R10 comes packed with new features, formats and functionality. As the design and manufacturing industries continue to evolve, TransMagic supplies novel cutting-edge tools.
New Supported Formats
- DWG up to 2013
- CATIA V6
- PNG, JPG and BMP
New Features and Functionality
- Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) – Includes enhanced support for additional PMI entity types to assist manufacturing engineers moving to Model Based Definition (MBD).
- Speed – R10 speed enhancements increase translation performance by two to three times.
- Enhanced Assembly XML Output – TransMagic offers new data output options for assembly data in XML format. ‘Atomize’ assemblies, surface area, mass properties and bounding boxes can be added to the XML output making large complex assemblies easier to use.
- International Compatibility - TransMagic serves many multi-national corporations. R10 has been completely rewritten with UNICODE multi-byte character support to simplify data sharing around the globe.
- Micrometer - The new Micrometer enables pinpoint thickness information anywhere on a part. It is as simple as “Hover-and-Click”.
- “Boxed” Level of Detail (LOD) – The “Boxed” LOD ensures constant rendering performance and frame-rate when working with large assemblies to create fluid motion and rotation. The new LOD setting improves performance and reduces wait time.
- Windows 8 Support – Upgrading to the highly requested Windows 8 platform has resulted in massive performance increases. The “re-skinned” interface offers a new look, aligned with the new Microsoft Windows 8 Desktop.
Updated CAD Version Support in R10
TransMagic proactively updates supported file formats to the most recent version, ensuring customers access to all major CAD program data and maximum 3D CAD data usability. New CAD format version support includes:
- CATIA V5 R23
- NX UG 8.5
- Creo 2.0
- SolidWorks 2013
- JT 9.5
- Parasolid 25.0
- Inventor 2013
- ACIS R23