Integrated Silicon Tuner Provides Exceptional Performance and Reliability for India's Cable NetworksBEIJING, March 21, 2013 — (PRNewswire) — China Content Broadcasting Network
- World's most integrated standard definition cable SoC with silicon tuner reduces overall bill of materials
- Supports highly cost-efficient set top boxes to enable India cable market operators to quickly migrate from analog to digital
- Proven and reliable turnkey hardware/software solution from Broadcom provides USB DVR, FastRTV® channel change acceleration and enhanced volume leveling for enhanced consumer experience
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a global innovation leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications, today announced that IndusInd Media & Communications Ltd (IMCL), one of the largest multisystem cable operators in India, selected Broadcom's integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) with integrated silicon tuner for new set top boxes (STB) to deliver proven and reliable standard definition (SD) digitized services for India's emerging cable market. Broadcom's devices enable IMCL to offer cost-efficient STBs that provide subscribers with hundreds of channels of digital content and new capabilities such as Digital Video Recording (DVR) onto USB drives, fast channel change acceleration and audio volume leveling as the Indian market migrates to digitized cable services. Visit www.broadcom.com to learn more.
"Delivering outstanding entertainment experiences to our subscribers through superior technology continues to be our goal as we transition from analog content delivery to digital," said Ravi Mansukhani, Managing Director for IMCL. "We selected Broadcom's devices for our new set top boxes for the cost efficiency of its integrated, high performance solutions, its demonstrated market leadership in cable technologies, and strong support for India's cable digitization."
IMCL's new set top boxes feature Broadcom's BCM7013 devices, which offer a field proven, high performance DVB-C cable tuner that exceeds the challenging RF and surge requirements for India's cable networks. Broadcom has shipped over 100MU of products with silicon tuners, a technology the company pioneered to replace less reliable legacy CAN tuners and to enable manufacturers to develop next-generation, cost-effective and power efficient STBs. By offering a combined hardware and software stack, the BCM7013 SoCs provide a turnkey solution at the right price to support operators transitioning from analog to digital services.
Key Features of the BCM7013
- Complete SD cable interactive receiver and USB DVR SoC solution
- Integrated silicon DVB-C cable tuner and QAM demodulator with exceptional performance and reliability for India's cable networks
- FastRTV channel change acceleration for faster than analog channel change times
- Audio volume leveling for constant audio levels across channels and commercials
- Advanced security engine certified by all major CAS providers offers a range of security options with one common platform
- USB DVR for recording and pausing live DTV programming
- Turnkey DVB-C application, guide and user interface for easy customizations and faster time to market
Broadcom's BCM7013 SoC devices are currently in high volume production.
Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM), a FORTUNE 500® company, is a global leader and innovator in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Broadcom® products seamlessly deliver voice, video, data and multimedia connectivity in the home, office and mobile environments. With the industry's broadest portfolio of state-of-the-art system-on-a-chip and embedded software solutions, Broadcom is changing the world by Connecting everything®. For more information, go to www.broadcom.com.
Broadcom®, the pulse logo, Connecting everything®, the Connecting everything logo and FastRTV® are among the trademarks of Broadcom Corporation and/or its affiliates in the United States, certain other countries and/or the EU. Any other trademarks or trade names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Broadcom Corporation; BRCM Broadband
IndusInd Media & Communications Ltd