Customer-validated project information management solution enables project teams to manage workflows in the office, from the cloud, or on the go
Manchester, N.H., U.S.A.—14 February 2013—Newforma< http://www.newforma.com/>, a project information management< http://www.newforma.com/Project-Information-Management.aspx> (PIM< http://www.newforma.com/why-newforma/project-information-management/>) software company transforming building and infrastructure project delivery< http://www.newforma.com/Project-Information-Management/Benefits-for-Your-Firm.aspx>, today announced a major new release of its industry-proven PIM solution, including the tenth edition of its enterprise PIM software, Newforma® Project Center; its web-based construction management and collaboration software, Newforma® Project Cloud; and a new suite of integrated tools for tablets and smartphones, Newforma® Mobile Apps. The combination delivers the industry’s first and only integrated PIM solution that allows project teams to manage and synchronize project information at the office, in the cloud, and on the go.
Tweet this: @Newforma Delivers AEC industry’s first and only integrated PIM solution to manage project information anywhere
Customers validate Newforma PIM solution
Customers participating in the Limited Commercial Release program have been using the new and updated products on active projects for several weeks. They report that the new products are more connected than ever, increasing transparency and reducing cycle time while mitigating cost and risk.
Clint Graham is president of Lincoln Builders of Ruston, Louisiana. “A big problem in our industry is the disconnection between the office and the field,” Graham said. “Newforma is giving us a competitive advantage by connecting field operations with office operations. It ensures we’re always working from the same information about plans, field conditions, punch lists and personnel, whether we’re in the office or at the job site.
“Newforma software has already improved collaboration by making it easy for team members to share project information in the office,” Graham said. “Having that same integration between the office and the field is a big win for us.”
Matthew Deyo, a systems manager with Bruner/Cott Architects and Planners of Boston, voiced a perspective borne of experience. “I will admit that in the beginning, almost six years ago, I considered Newforma to be a crutch that our users would not need if they were only a bit more organized,” Deyo said. “But now, when I’m encouraging project partners to implement Newforma software, I ask them, ‘How much is automatic and consistent organization worth? How about the most responsive service you’ve ever been able to provide to owners and partners?’
“Newforma customer support is exceptional, too,” Deyo said. “Over the years we have seen many requests turned into features and entirely new modules, including with this latest edition. I can’t say that of any other software vendor I use.”
Newforma connects A, E, C and O
Newforma holds true to its vision for connecting project team members across all four segments of the industry – architecture, engineering, construction and owners – and delivers products tailored for each in a single, integrated PIM solution. Highlights include:
• Integration of enterprise software with project software: Enhanced Newforma-to-Newforma< http://www.newforma.com/Project-Center/Newforma-to-Newforma.aspx>technology enables customers using Newforma Project Center and Newforma Contract Management to interact seamlessly with RFIs and submittals hosted by Newforma Project Cloud.
• Newforma Project Center integration with cloud storage solutions: The enterprise software integrates with popular cloud storage solutions, including Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive, to provide additional flexibility and ease for customers wishing to use those third-party tools for file transfers and sharing folders.
• Enhanced BIM support: Newforma® Building Information Management, an add-on module to Newforma Project Center, delivers full support for BIM, including the ability to publish and view 3D model data from both Revit and AutoCAD design software. For more information, visit the Newforma Building Information Management page< http://www.newforma.com/products-services/newforma-building-information-management/> at newforma.com< http://newforma.com>.
• Streamlined construction administration management: The ability for project managers to quantify the impact of potential change orders and to quickly compile and record daily reports are among the new features in the enhanced Newforma Contract Management add-on module. For more information, visit the Newforma Contract Management page< http://www.newforma.com/products-services/newforma-contract-management/> at newforma.com< http://newforma.com>.
• Enhanced cloud-based construction project management: Newforma continues to enhanceNewforma Project Cloud< http://www.newforma.com/products-services/project-cloud/>, which enables project team members to coordinate documentation and communication among themselves – subcontractors, contractors, designers, consultants and owners – without adding IT infrastructure.
• A new suite of mobile apps: Newforma Mobile Apps< http://www.newforma.com/products-services/newforma-mobile-apps/> enable access to project team information, project documents, and field reports via smartphone and tablet devices. (A more complete summary of Newforma Mobile Apps is coming later this quarter.)
• Newforma Project Center integration with Newforma Mobile Apps: The enterprise PIM software is integrated with the mobile apps in that information and workflows from the field are automatically synchronized with Newforma-managed project information in the office. Add and update plans, team members, notes and other information in one place and it’s available in the other.
• Updated Newforma Project Center enterprise software: In addition to integrating Newforma Project Center with Newforma Project Cloud and Newforma Mobile Apps, Newforma also enhanced the flagship software in its own right with new and improved features, including new web markup capabilities on Newforma® Info Exchange websites, new user-defined custom fields, additional language support, performance improvements in Newforma Viewer and more. For a comprehensive overview, see What’s New in Newforma Project Center< http://www.newforma.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Whats_New_in_Newforma_Project_Center-tenth_edition.pdf>.
“Newforma continues to hold true to its principle of engaging and listening to customers to guide product development,” said Newforma Co-founder and Executive Vice President of Strategy Bob Batcheler. “In addition to the capabilities for which Newforma Project Center has become well-known, such as project email management, seamless file transfer and project search,
AECO firms now require the ability to perform these tasks and more regardless of where they are or what devices they are using to perform their work. Furthermore, they require their activities to synchronize across the enterprise, in the cloud and with their mobile devices. As a result, Newforma made several strategic investments in the past year. This product release is focused on deeper integration between Newforma Project Center< http://www.newforma.com/Project-Center/Solution/Newforma-Project-Center.aspx>, Newforma Project Cloud< http://www.newformaprojectcloud.com/>, Newforma Mobile Apps, andNewforma Info Exchange< http://www.newforma.com/Project-Information-Management/The-alternative-to-FTP.aspx> to make managing project information more seamless than ever before. Now Newforma customers can manage project information whether their workflows are on premise, in the cloud, or on mobile devices, with complete confidence that the information is current.”
All new products are available for purchase now, with implementation commencing in April, 2013.
Newforma develops, sells and supports project information management< http://www.newforma.com/Project-Information-Management.aspx> (PIM< http://www.newforma.com/Project-Information-Management.aspx>) software for architecture, engineering and construction firms worldwide, and the owners they serve. Newforma is the first industry-focused and integrated solution to connect firms to each other, to their project information, to their processes, and to remote team members, all for the purpose of more successful project delivery. Firms in the Newforma Project Network< http://www.newforma.com/Project-Information-Management/Newforma-Project-Network.aspx > are using Newforma software to manage information on more than one million projects, raising productivity, reducing exposure to risk, strengthening their brands, and freeing time and attention to focus on design, construction, and client service. For more information about Newforma, visit www.newforma.com < http://www.newforma.com/ >, or phone +1 603-625-6212.