SEATTLE — (BUSINESS WIRE) — December 7, 2012 — ACD Systems International Inc. today announced the availability of Canvas 14.1 and Canvas 14.1 +GIS technical illustration software products for easy yet powerful creation, annotation and sharing of technical data. They are the only products on the market that give technical graphic designers, engineers, illustrators and other professionals the ability to work intuitively with both vector and raster images in the same document, using the same tools.
This major update includes the following improvements:
- Windows 8 compatible
- Addition of scientific features
- Create scale bar features
- Corrected application crashing that occurred when page size was beyond PDF's limits
- PDF export options can be saved as a default setting
- Improved text merging and positioning of texts during import of a PDF file
- Chart type previews are correctly displayed in the Windows XP pop-up dialog box
- Saving of a Chart preset to the setting file once it is added, without creation of a Chart object
- Correct loading of the subset number of the Comparative Chart from a saved Chart preset
- Accurate image display and placement when pasting a screen capture from the OS to Canvas
- Improved alignment of transformed texts and objects
- Improved DXF/DWG export, supporting AutoCAD® 2000, 2004, 2007, and 2010 formats
- Improved SVG export
For complete details, please see the release notes for Canvas 14.1.
Canvas 14 and Canvas 14 +GIS provide the easiest and most effective way to transform technical CAD and 2D data into creative illustrations that can be used throughout the enterprise. With Canvas 14, engineers and designers can draw and edit precise documents that can be quickly annotated and shared. The additional Canvas +GIS module allows for the use of geo-data within illustrations. Both products feature capabilities found in Adobe Creative Suite products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat, but at a fraction of the cost. Companies using Canvas include Boeing, Caterpillar, GM, Chevron, Lockheed Martin and NASA.
Pricing & Availability
About ACD Systems
Founded in Texas in 1993 by imaging visionary Doug Vanderkerkhove, ACD Systems is one of the largest and most respected independent digital editing and management companies in the world. Doug foresaw the importance of the convergence of analog and digital (print, photos, scans, video and metadata). The company’s products include ACDSee Pro 6, ACDSee 15, and Canvas 14 + GIS, which helps Fortune 500 companies enhance, manage and disseminate their valuable digital assets. Customers include General Motors, Caterpillar, Boeing, The New York City Fire Department, NASA, CNN and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Today ACD holds six patents and millions of ACDSee products are in use throughout the world. In fact, ACDSee products are so popular in Asia that they are second only to Louis Vuitton in product piracy.