SANTA CLARA, Calif. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — October 30, 2012 — ARM TechCon 2012— Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT) today announced its next generation of Mentor® Embedded Sourcery™ CodeBench and Sourcery Analyzer products. Developers can now accelerate system debugging, including multiple Linux applications concurrently, by quickly and easily visualizing and analyzing complex software systems. When combining the Sourcery CodeBench and Sourcery Analyzer products, embedded developers get proven, customizable end-to-end development tools that include automatic performance analysis and efficient multi-process debugging to increase productivity.
New releases of the free Sourcery CodeBench Lite command-line development tools include enhanced versions of the modern open source components such as GCC 4.7.2 and GDB 7.4.50. The commercially supported Sourcery CodeBench product adds to these powerful tools a comprehensive Integrated Development Environment (IDE), optimized debuggable runtime libraries, flash programming and peripheral register display, among other valuable features. The Sourcery Analyzer tool delivers award-winning visualization and analysis capabilities that give developers new insights into the behavior and performance of complex software systems.
New or enhanced capabilities of the Sourcery CodeBench and Sourcery Analyzer product releases include:
- Usability improvements to connect to JTAG and probe devices, select target device configuration, and configure application usage of system libraries
- Enhanced static analysis capabilities to pinpoint common C and C++ errors as code is being written
- Faster debug probe connection to the application for efficient debugging and test
- Support for leading hardware including Altera Nios II, Freescale i.MX, Freescale Kinetis, Fujitsu FM3, Qualcomm Brew MP, Texas Instruments’ DaVinci, OMAP, Sitara and Stellaris, and many other ARM, Power, MIPS, and x86 core devices
- Scheduling, CPU state, mutex locking, process and thread state, and many more analysis agents
- State flow, scatter plot, analog value, and seven other graph types
- Improved system profiling with LTTng 2.0 [Linux Trace Toolkit] support including simultaneous kernel and user space tracing
“Our commitment to the embedded development community is to deliver easy-to-use open source products and services, and we’ve achieved that with our Sourcery CodeBench and Analyzer tools, specifically for embedded Linux development,” said Glenn Perry, general manager of Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division. “Our robust Sourcery technologies provide the end-to-end solution required for today’s complex, high-performance embedded Linux applications.”
To learn more about Sourcery CodeBench and Sourcery Analyzer:
- Download Sourcery CodeBench evaluation and access how-to guides
- Read a white paper to learn about understanding multicore system performance
- View a webinar illustrating the use of Sourcery Analyzer to diagnose a real world performance problem
The Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division comprises the Mentor Embedded family of products and services, including embedded software intellectual property (IP), tools, and professional consultant services to help embedded developers and silicon partners optimize their products for design and cost efficiency. The Mentor Embedded team continues to lead the industry with involvement in the open source community, with Inflexion® 2D and 3D UI development, the Sourcery open source tools, and the Nucleus® RTOS solutions. More information on Mentor Embedded products and services can be found at www.mentor.com/embedded.
About Mentor Graphics
Mentor Graphics Corporation is a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, providing products, consulting services and award-winning support for the world’s most successful electronic, semiconductor and systems companies. Established in 1981, the company reported revenues in the last fiscal year of about $1,015 million. Corporate headquarters are located at 8005 S.W. Boeckman Road, Wilsonville, Oregon 97070-7777. World Wide Web site: http://www.mentor.com/.
(Mentor, Mentor Graphics, Inflexion, and Nucleus are registered trademarks of Mentor Graphics Corporation. Sourcery is used under license from CodeSourcery, Inc. All other company or product names are the registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owner.)
The registered trademark Linux is used pursuant to a sublicense from LMI, the exclusive licensee of Linus Torvalds, owner of the mark on a world-wide basis.