Irvine, CALIFORNIA, August 7th, 2012 - Luxion, a leading provider of advanced rendering and lighting technology and makers of KeyShot®, the first realtime ray tracing and global illumination program are pleased to introduce KeyShotVRTM an all new, patent-pending technology from Luxion that allows interactive viewing of photographic, high-quality rendered content via the web.
What is KeyShotVR?
KeyShotVR bring the advantage of interactive 3D-enabled viewing via desktop, laptop or mobile device to product portfolios, presentations and collateral for design reviews. Product designers, marketers and KeyShot users who want to extend the presentation of their visuals are able to create the high-quality, ray-traced 3D content directly from inside KeyShot. KeyShotVR is an integrated add-on to KeyShot Pro that automatically generates the code to be embedded into any website or company intranet, making it a turnkey solution for web content creation.
With KeyShotVR, users can create high-quality, touch-enabled, 3D rendered content capable of being displayed in any web browser supporting HTML5. The content can be viewed using mouse or finger on touch-enabled devices and does not require a browser plugin to work. Furthermore, KeyShot is not WebGL based and is therefore able to deliver the highest quality of images possible across the widest range of devices.
How it works
Features and Specifications
There are two parts to KeyShotVR that allow KeyShot users to quickly set up a model for VR output.
- 4 possible VR types: Turntable, Hemi-spherical, Spherical, Custom
- Set starting angle interactively
- Set horizontal / vertical frames including start and end angle for custom VR
- Realtime feedback when setting up the VR - play back, tweak, etc. for desired result
- Compression Quality control - keeps digital footprint small while ensuring highest quality images
- Control over zoom (in/out)
- Adjustable rotation damping
- Support for render in background, render queue, network rendering
- Support for render queue
- Support for Network Rendering
- Unlimited output resolution
- Output: jpeg
- Floating license feature - KeyShotVR can be checked out separately when checking out a floating license.
- Progressive loading of images - rotate images as soon as they start loading
- Support for zoom in/out
- Touch enabled - rotate, zoom, pan
- Support for LOD (Levels of Detail) - load lower resolution images for faster loading
- Customizable settings to adjust user experience: rotation damping, mouse sensitivity, zoom in/out, start frame, LOD
- Customizable play and resize buttons
Pricing & Availability
KeyShotVR is priced at a $1,000 as an add-on to KeyShot Pro (NL/FL). KeyShotVR is currently undergoing extensive Beta testing. It will be available within the next few weeks through Luxion's webstore, resellers, or by contacting email@example.com directly.
For more information visit keyshot.com/vr/. To get an exclusive first look or schedule a demo, please visit the Luxion booth #1101 at Siggraph 2012, being held August 7-9 in the LA Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA.
Luxion is a leading developer of advanced 3D rendering and lighting technology. KeyShot® is the first realtime ray tracing and global illumination program for 3D rendering and animation that uses a physically correct rendering engine certified by the CIE (International Commission on Illumination). Addressing the visualization needs of designers, engineers, marketing professionals, photographers and CG specialists, KeyShot breaks down the complexity of creating photographic images and animations from 3D digital data. Luxion’s customer list includes many of the Fortune 1000 product manufacturers and major industrial design companies including Dell, HP, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, IDEO and SMART Design. Visit http://www.keyshot.com for more information.