Goldfire connects product development personnel, on-demand, to experts inside and outside the organization and to the internal and external knowledge and trends needed to develop, maintain, and produce market-leading products.
In addition to user interface and other usability enhancements, Goldfire 7.5 includes:
- Tablet Support. Customers worldwide can now access Goldfire's research and collaboration capabilities through a modern browser interface designed specifically for tablets including the iPad and select Android devices.
- New Chinese Semantic Engine. The latest release extends Goldfire's multi-lingual translation capabilities, adding Mandarin Chinese language support. Goldfire not only taps into Japanese, English, French, German, and Mandarin Chinese engineering content, but brings back results in the language the question was asked. For example, a user looking to find alternative materials to design fuel cells, types the query in Chinese. If the solution is captured in a German document, Goldfire will deliver the translated document summary in Mandarin Chinese, expediting collaboration and knowledge discovery.
- New Web Service API. Goldfire 7.5 features web service API for client integration for increased flexibility in connecting your organization to the knowledge they need.
- New Content Sources. Goldfire connects product teams to contemporary content to drive product innovation becoming the authoritative resource to help engineers and scientists quickly and definitively solve complex problems. New for the 7.5 release is connectivity to two new powerful content sources: the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), the definitive source for the mobility sectors and Springer's Landolt-Börnstein Database, the world's largest resource for physical and chemical data in materials science.
- Automated Content Enrichment. Goldfire 7.5 helps administrators tailor content to specifically serve their community by providing automated feedback to research topics submitted by users. Automatically gathered, categorized, and forwarded to the administrator, Goldfire helps companies develop, tune, and execute a knowledge management strategy keeping their organization out in front of the latest developments in technology and the industry.
"Despite the growing availability and amount of data around the globe on the Internet, innovation workers find themselves mired in research, challenged to make informed and expedient decisions with high confidence," said Ken Klapproth, vice president of product marketing for Invention Machine. "Through a new web services API, support for leading mobile platforms like iPad iOS and Android, and the new Chinese semantic engine added in Goldfire 7.5, customers can connect to the relevant information, experts and know-how needed to accelerate informed product development decisions."
About Invention Machine
Invention Machine is the leader in semantic research technology that unlocks decisions hidden in data. The Company's patented semantic question-answering engine empowers informed decision-making, helping businesses accelerate innovation, increase productivity and deliver superior products. Over the past decade, the majority of the Global 2000 have used Invention Machine's Goldfire, the Optimal Decision Engine, to find new markets and bring about breakthrough products and solutions. Learn more at http://www.InventionMachine.com.
About IHS (
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2012 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2046283
Invention Machine: Rebecca Henry Marketing Communications 617-331-5599 Email Contact