ORLANDO, Fla.--( BUSINESS WIRE)-- PlanetPTC Live--Inspiration is the spark that drives innovation and fuels technology breakthroughs that help transform great ideas into great products. This year’s PlanetPTC Live day 2 keynote is comprised of industry thought leaders who will share their unique stories of how inspiration can impact the world around us.
“This year’s PlanetPTC Live conference speakers remind us that we each have countless opportunities to inspire, innovate and make a difference,” notes Rob Gremley, executive vice president, Product Development and Corporate Marketing, PTC. “The conference brings PTC customers under one roof to showcase their work, network with peers, and inspire each other by sharing ideas, discussing challenges and offering solutions. PlanetPTC Live energizes me because it gives me the opportunity to witness the creativity of the most innovative manufacturers.”
Featured speakers include:
- Fred Bellio, CIO, Global Product Organization and Corporate Center, Whirlpool Corporation, explains the evolution of the “smart house” and discusses innovations in the appliance industry to promote energy efficiency and enable appliances to connect with the consumers. Mr. Bellio shares how Whirlpool uses information technology to enhance the customer experience, improve quality and increase the efficiency of its appliances,
Steven D. Eppinger, General Motors Leaders for Global Operations Professor, Professor of Management Science and Innovation, Professor of Engineering Systems
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Management, shares his perspective on the future of engineering design and the key trends affecting engineering design processes, engineering organizations and engineering culture. Dr. Eppinger discusses the implications these changes have on the engineering design profession, on the ways we must develop engineers today, on the kinds of jobs that engineers will have in the near future, and the challenges of engineering leadership.
- Bill Fitzgibbons, Vice President, Global Dealer Technical Support, AGCO Corporation, discusses key challenge facing the agricultural industry including the need to create a sustainable food supply created by the explosive population growth in the 21st century. Mr. Fitzgibbons shares how AGCO’s strategy utilizing leading multi-brand, multi-cultural resources has positioned the company to provide forward-looking solutions in every region of the world.
- Joe Graney, Director of Engineering, Santa Cruz Bicycles Inc. uses his passions for cycling and engineering to encourage young people to pursue technical fields. Mr. Graney uses the mountain bike, a familia r object, to make engineering relevant to students and illustrate real world applications of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Tim Ingold, Jr., Director of Engineering Development, Design Engineering, Jabil, encourages product development companies to incorporate social networking principles into the workplace to foster real collaboration, increase productivity and spark innovation. Mr. Ingold examines some of the adoption challenges that companies face and shares best practices from the most successful social enterprises.
- Patrick Simpkins, Director of Engineering, NASA, John F. Kennedy Space Center, challenges attendees to take notice of their everyday surroundings as an opportunity to identify new sources of innovation and imagination. He shares anecdotes from the space program to demonstrate how NASA creates an environment that supports and encourages innovation.
The keynote address will be available via live video streaming on June 5 for anyone unable to attend the event:
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. (EDT)
General Session: PlanetPTC Live Spotlight on Inspiration.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. The company’s technology solutions help customers transform the way they create and service products across the entire product lifecycle – from conception and design to sourcing and service. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 27,000 businesses in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. Get more information at www.ptc.com.