Irvine, California, May 23nd, 2012 - Luxion, the leading developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology and makers of KeyShot®, the first real time ray tracing and global illumination program, is is proud to release KeyShot 3.2 with major updates to existing functionality, UI improvements and additional file format support.
A specific focus on updates and improvements to the existing KeyShot toolset is the focus of this release with enhanced speed, a cleaner interface and a handful of fixes to make creating 3D renderings and animations even faster. KeyShot 3.2 now support instant loading of materials, textures and environments decreasing the time it takes to find and apply materials. Material Templates can now be applied after a model has been imported while applying materials to the 3D model on import becomes even faster with the support of part names and wild cards. Additionally, the UNDO capabilities have been greatly increased with a completely re-worked UNDO stack that provides the option to UNDO nearly every command.
You can view the full feature list with additional images here.
- Instant loading of all library content (no waiting for material/environments/textures to display)
- Support for part names and wild cards (*.*) in material templates
- Completely re-worked UNDO stack - UNDO nearly everything
- Use arrow keys to navigate through the scene tree and camera list
- Sync of realtime and advanced render settings in render dialog (raybounces, shadow quality)
- Support for scale and transformations (scale and transformation remembered on all levels)
- Increase of maximum raybounces in realtime settings to 64.
- UI cleanup throughout the system
- Bug fixes
- Improvements to SolidWorks importer
- Support for Creo 2.0
- Support for Autodesk ALIAS 2013
- Support for Autodesk Maya 2013
- Added Spanish language support (UI only)
Independent of KeyShot 3.2 but also being released today are updated plugins for Creo, Rhino and SolidWorks. Updates include improved import and bug fixes. Download at http://www.keyshot.com/downloads/plugins/
Luxion is a leading developer of advanced 3D rendering and lighting technology. KeyShot® is the first realtime ray tracing and global illumination program that uses a physically correct rendering engine certified by the CIE (International Commission on Illumination).
Addressing the visualization needs of designers, engineers, marketing professionals, photographers and CG specialists, KeyShot breaks down the complexity of creating photographic images and animations from 3D digital data.
Luxion’s customer list includes many of the Fortune 1000 product manufacturers and major industrial design companies including Dell, HP, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, IDEO, frog design and SMART Design. For more information visit http://www.keyshot.com.
KeyShot is a registered trademark of Luxion ApS. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.