NAFEMS North America Conference 2012
Call for Presentations
Deadline for abstract submission is June 15th 2012
NAFEMS, the only independent global organization dedicated to the advancement and improvement of engineering simulation, is hosting its 2012 North America Conference in Washington D.C. on September 11-12. The conference will bring together the leading visionaries, developers, and practitioners of CAE-related technologies and business processes to share relevant trends and roadmaps, explore common themes, and to address these issues in an open forum. Entitled ‘Engineering Simulation: A 2020 Vision of the Future’, the goal of the conference is to provide attendees with insightful content and perspective on how to position their organizations to realize the full potential of CAE now and in the future.
CAE end users, visionaries, researchers, educators, industry managers, and CAE software and hardware developers all have relevant experience and viewpoints that can help shape the future of CAE. All are invited to participate, but most importantly to articulate, interact, and evolve their thinking and planning of future activities proactively, so as to incorporate all the ingredients necessary to maximize the impact of CAE in tomorrow’s product design environment. NAFEMS would like to extend an invitation to be part of the 2012 conference by requesting submissions for presentations.
Call for Presentations
NAFEMS openly requests presentations which provide case studies on the effective use of simulation for a particular application. Presentations from all areas of simulation can be submitted and will be considered, however, contributions which highlight one or more of the themes below are particularly welcomed:
Commercial impact of CAE investments
- Development and deployment of CAE roadmaps
- Integration of simulation data within Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- The roles of CAE software and hardware developers
Innovations in Simulation Technology (“the purpose of computing is insight, not numbers”)
- High-Performance Computing (HPC) systems for CAE (further synergies between hardware architectures, non-traditional platforms, and software algorithms)
- Capturing the relevant physics well enough to gain engineering insight through multifunctional and multiphysics simulations
- Material characterizations including multiscale modeling
- Driving design improvement and optimization from smart simulations
- Real-time virtual simulations
- Design uncertainty quantifications and non-deterministic optimization
- Innovative approximation methods and evolutionary optimization
Engineering Simulation Processes
- Experimental errors vs. CAE foibles – which data set do you trust?
- Regulatory affairs: Gaining acceptance of quality CAE data in approval of products and designs
- How to accomplish validation with complex systems
- Intelligent engineering collaboration environments
- Teaching simulation as part of the basic engineering curricula
- Evolving engineering processes and organizations to leverage CAE advances
- Simulation strategies and tools for “Emerging Complex Adaptive Systems and Cyber –Physical Systems”
- Intelligent interfaces for modeling and simulation software
- Interactive, immersive 3D modeling and simulation tools/facilities
- Potential of using Virtual and Augmented Reality, and Virtual Worlds in engineering simulations
Submission of Presentations
In the first instance, abstracts of 300-600 words should be submitted for consideration by June 15th 2012. Abstracts must be clearly marked with the presentation title, author's name, organisation, phone number(s) and email address.
E-mail your abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors whose abstracts are accepted will be asked to prepare an extended abstract (typically 2-4 pages) and a PowerPoint presentation - full written papers will not be required.
NAFEMS is a not for profit organization aimed at promoting best practices and fostering education and awareness in the engineering analysis community. In line with its objectives to promote the effective use of simulation technologies, NAFEMS is continually seeking to create awareness of new analysis methodologies, deliver education & training, and stimulate the adoption of best practices and standards by offering a platform for continuous professional development.