The European Commission in 2010 granted $1,247m (€910m) for 12 electricity interconnectors. These projects are progressing quickly and electricity will soon be imported and exported throughoutEurope on the back of this grant. Are you and your company part of this growing pan-European electricity supply opportunity?
A common electricity market and the move to a Supergrid are high on the EU policy objectives. This report analyses current and future pan-European cross border electricity interconnectors and the introduction of Eastern European, African and renewable supplies and how you can profit from it now.
By ordering this report today you can:
• Discover how Interconnector investments are ensuring diversified supply.
• Understand which companies are profiting from stable energy supply for Europe.
• Encourage increased cross-border trading and competition in electricity.
• Determine if the current framework for regulating, building and financing interconnectors in the EU is functional.
• Reduce Southern European, UK and Irish bottlenecks through new developments such as East-West and BritNed Interconnectors.
• Guarantee your organisations profitability in the cross-border Interconnector market and the move towards a Supergrid.
Sourcing electricity from other countries had been seen as counter intuitive to national governments but it is now becoming a reality. Visiongain highlights that the cross border interconnector market will increase in the next 5 years due to government and industry financing both studies and projects. Cross-border interconnections are no longer for exceptional situations and you need to position your organisation today to profit from future expansions. This visiongain report outlines which countries are producing and trading electricity and the direction that production and trade will take in the next 10 years.
With unique analysis and forecast unavailable elsewhere
• Detailed tables and graphs describing import, export and domestic production of electricity for 8 major European countries with historical data back to 2006 and future forecasts and analysis to 2022
• Examination of domestic electricity production for 8 major European countries in 2011.
• Forecasts and analysis for 8 national grids for the period 2012-2022.
• Tables showing historic, current and future interconnectivity for major European countries
• Over 60 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the European interconnectivity market between 2012-2022.
• Profiles of leading companies and markets operating within the European interconnectivity market.
• Analysis and forecasting informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders.
• You will be able to read full transcripts of interviews from three companies involved in the super grids market
• Detailed explanation of current and historic EU regulations relating to electricity interconnectors within Europe.
Visiongain sought opinions from leading figures in the European interconnectors market to underpin the analysis of market drivers and restraints. The study draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a basis for discussing and predicting developments in the European Interconnectivity market between 2012 and 2022.
Why you must buy The European Cross-Border Electricity Interconnectors Market 2012-2022 - Increasing Competition, Security of Supply and Renewable Generation
• In-depth analysis of how the European cross-border electricity interconnector market will evolve over the next decade, with detailed European forecasts of electricity movement from 2012 to 2022
• The forecasts and analysis are underpinned by extensive expert consultation. Transcripts of three original and exclusive interviews are included within the report with expert insight from:
- EDF; Major producer and supplier of electricity within Europe and ROW
- FOSG; Major researcher in the area of European interconnection and 'Supergrid'
- TenneT; The Netherlands/German Transmission System Operator for electricity
• Unique access to more than 60 tables, charts and graphs, analysing, quantifying and forecasting the European cross-border interconnector market in detail over the period 2012-2022
• Descriptions and contacts of companies administering, manufacturing and installing interconnectors within Europe.
• You will be presented with forecasts for the 8 leading European cross-border interconnector markets for the period 2012-2022-
- The Netherlands
What is the structure of the report?
Chapter 1 is the executive summary.
Chapter 2 is an introduction to the European interconnectors market providing a clear definition of the market, including EU regulations and technological advancements.
Chapter 3 provides extensive analysis of the mechanisms of the market and which markets currently operated within Europe.
Chapter 4 analyses the 8 major interconnected countries within Europe. A detailed market forecasting and analysis is provided for country, including information describing import, export and domestic production of electricity.
Chapter 5 features three original interviews with industry experts, EDF, FOSG and TenneT who offer an insider's perspective on the super grids market.
Chapter 6 lays out profiles of the leading companies involved in the European interconnection market.
Chapter 7 provides a summary of the report, outlining the main conclusions of the analyses.
This report has been compiled by combining information obtained from a very wide and rich mixture of primary and secondary research sources, producing a broad industry overview. Visiongain sought opinions from leading figures in the European cross-border electricity interconnector market to underpin the analysis of market drivers and restraints. The study draws on a diverse range of official corporate and governmental announcements, media reports, policy documents, industry statements and expert opinion as a basis for discussing and predicting developments in the European cross-border electricity interconnector market between 2012 and 2022.
Visiongain considers that this methodology results in an accurate, objective mixture of analyses and forecasts.
You can order this report today
Anybody with an interest in the European cross-border electricity interconnector market should gain valuable information and insight from this new study by visiongain, which analyses one of the most exciting markets in the utility market. electricity interconnectors offer substantial business and investment opportunities and are becoming an increasingly important component of the electricity distribution market in several key regional markets.
This visiongain utility report will be valuable both to those already involved in the utility market and those wishing to enter the market in the future. Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The European Cross-Border Electricity Interconnectors Market 2012-2022 - Increasing Competition, Security of Supply and Renewable Generation
Visiongain is a trading partner with the US Federal Government
CCR Ref number: KD4R6
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
1.2 Drivers and Restraints of the Interconnectors Market
1.3 Outlook for the Interconnectors Market
1.4 Benefits of this Report
2. Introduction to the Market
2.1 EU Regulations Governing the Interconnector Markets Within Europe
2.2 EU Financial Support of Cross Border Electricity Connection Within Europe
2.3 Applications and Technology Relating to Interconnectivity in Europe
2.3.1 High Voltage Direct Current Cables (HVDC)
2.3.2 Utilising Energy Storage Technology
2.3.3 The Move Towards a Supergrid
2.3.4 Supply and Demand
2.3.5 Technologies Essential in the Development of Smart Grid
2.4 Current New Examples of Cross-Border Interconnectors Projects
2.4.1 Lessons from East West Interconnector (EWC)
2.4.2 Lessons from Britned Interconnector
3. The European Cross-Border Electricity Market
3.1 The Liberalisation of the European Electricity Market
3.2 Harmonisation of the European Cross-Border Electricity Market
3.3 Current Mechanisms of the European Electricity Market
3.4 Analysing the Main Electricity Markets Within Europe
3.4.1 Nord Pool