Advanced Functionality Helps Engineers Solve Complex Calculations Quickly, Analyze Results Completely, Document Dynamically, Share and Reuse Effortlessly
NEEDHAM, Mass. — (BUSINESS WIRE) — February 29, 2012 — PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) today announced the general availability of Mathcad Prime® 2.0 -- the latest release of PTC’s engineering calculation software. Mathcad Prime 2.0 adds powerful new calculation features and advanced capabilities to an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use interface. Additionally, Mathcad Prime 2.0 integrates with other best-in-class PTC products like Creo® and Windchill® to enable increased productivity, improved process efficiency and better collaboration between individuals and teams.
Mathcad Prime 2.0 delivers the following enhancements that improve the personal and engineering process productivity benefits currently offered by the Mathcad® product family:
- Seamless and meaningful integration of Mathcad and Excel enables users to access and utilize data from existing spreadsheets and eliminates need to convert data when introducing Mathcad.
- Automates the process of explicit derivation to manipulate complex equations reducing errors and improves efficiency.
3-dimensional (3-D) Plots
- Enables engineers to easily manipulate, analyze and visualize complex data for more complete insight and better documentation.
- Allow users to manage content better and have more control over their workspace, by collapsing (placing out of view) details that are not essential at the moment, improving productivity and collaboration.
Computational Improvements including faster performance, 64 bit
support, optimization solver and multi-threading
- Reduce computation time, remove limitations of data-set size, and enable more exploration to be done in the concept phase. More design approaches can be evaluated with higher confidence, reducing errors and problems that occur later in detailed design.
- Mathcad Product Page (web site)
- Mathcad Prime 2.0 (datasheet)
- Mathcad Prime 2.0 FAQs
- Mathcad Prime 2.0 Version Comparison Sheet
- Introducing Mathcad Prime 2.0 (video)
- What’s New in Mathcad Prime 2.0 (video)
- Images and Captions
Mathcad Prime 2.0 is available now.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve maximum value from their product strategies with software and services designed to optimize key business processes throughout the entire product lifecycle – from conception and design to sourcing and service. PTC’s integral solution portfolio enables customers to unleash product innovation, improve collaboration and ensure product data integrity within engineering and across the enterprise, supply chain and service partner networks. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 27,000 customers worldwide. More information can be found at www.ptc.com.