Irvine, California, February 13th, 2012 - Luxion, the leading developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology and makers of KeyShot®, the first real time ray tracing and global illumination program, is announcing KeyShot 3.1 and with it an all new 3D rendering and animation options.
Keyshot 3.1 marks the first major update of the release that introduced a patent-pending animation system, a revamped user interface and over 600+ new materials. There are an amazing amount of new features in this release that brings designers, engineers and 3D professionals faster and easier ways to create stunning 3D images than ever before. With this update we introduce time-saving new features and improvments including a new, unique metallic paint material, interactive HDR editing that allow real-time editing of the lighting environments, material templates that allow 3D professionals to 'auto-paint' their models, network rendering to queue render jobs and spread them across multiple computeres and new compatibliity with the 3DConnexion 3D Mouse.
Improved Metallic Paint with real flakes
With KeyShot 3.1 we bring a next generation of metallic paint material that contains visible metallic flakes whose distribution and size can be controlled. This is a unique one-of-a-kind material that creates the most accurate representation of car paint in the industry. This is included with KeyShot 3.1 and as with all materials included with KeyShot, doesn't require any special configuration. The 3D professional simply drags, drops and adjusts color to their liking.
Interactive HDR image editing
KeyShot 3.1 Pro introduces the ability to edit any applied lighting environment in real-time within the KeyShot interface. This allows you more control over the lighting of your scene from brightness and color to location of lights. Functionality includes:
- Adjustment of hue and saturation of HDRI
- Editing of existing lighting information through introduction of innovative pin system
- Creation of new lights
- All edits to the HDRI update inside KeyShot in real-time
- Automatic template creation based on material assignment inside KeyShot
- Option to create templates manually
- Support for multiple templates per session
- Support for multiple CAD systems as well as plugins (Initially, not all CAD systems may be supported)
- Drag and drop a single animation onto multiple parts
- Mirroring of single or multiple animations in the time line
- Multi-selection of multiple animations in the time line allowing fir interactive adjustment
- Easy setup and maintenance
- Network render queue will queue render jobs rather than rendering jobs simultaneously
- Add and remove slave machines during rendering
- Automatic balancing distributes the render job intelligently according to number of cores and processor speed of the individual computer
- PC and Mac compatibility for master, slave and render queue
Meet us at SolidWorks World 2012
Luxion will be at SolidWorks World 2012 in San Diego, California. Stop by booth #406 to see the new features, network rendering and the animation system that speeds up the time to creating stunning visuals.
Luxion is a leading developer of advanced 3D rendering and lighting technology. KeyShot® is the first realtime ray tracing and global illumination program that uses a physically correct rendering engine certified by the CIE (International Commission on Illumination).
Addressing the visualization needs of designers, engineers, marketing professionals, photographers and CG specialists, KeyShot breaks down the complexity of creating photographic images and animations from 3D digital data.
Luxion’s customer list includes many of the Fortune 1000 product manufacturers and major industrial design companies including Dell, HP, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, IDEO, frog design and SMART Design. For more information visit http://www.keyshot.com.
KeyShot is a registered trademark of Luxion ApS. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.