PALO ALTO, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- Jan 26, 2012 -- HP (NYSE: HPQ) today announced new HP LaserJet printers and multifunction printers (MFPs) designed to help small to midsize businesses (SMBs) create professional-quality color documents while increasing productivity and efficiency.
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 color printer series includes:
- The HP LaserJet Pro 400 color M451 printer provides SMBs and home offices with uncompromisingly vibrant color prints and fast print speeds, allowing businesses to quickly create professional-quality color prints such as marketing collateral.
The HP LaserJet Pro 300/400 color MFP series includes two devices with easy-to-use 3.5-inch color touchscreen interfaces:
- The HP LaserJet Pro 300 color MFP M375 can increase productivity with easy print, scan, copy and fax functionality, and enables businesses to produce high-quality color prints and marketing materials.
- The HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475 delivers the same capabilities, while increasing print speeds and output. It also includes standard duplexing and the ability to proactively manage office printing with HP Web Jetadmin.
"As part of the HP LaserJet beta customer program, the HP LaserJet Pro 400 color MFP M475 is now our go-to office printer because it's quick, quiet and gives us the ability to create a full range of colorful marketing materials for our company," said Donna Fox, vice president, Fox Land Surveys. "It's a game changer for us, as its amazing print speeds and feature set have increased productivity, while the ability to create external documents in-house has saved us a significant amount of money that would have otherwise been spent on outside vendors."
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 color M451 and the HP LaserJet Pro 300/400 color MFP series are web-connected and support HP ePrint,(1) HP Wireless Direct and Apple AirPrint,(2) allowing users to print anywhere their business might take them.
The HP LaserJet Pro 300/400 color MFP series includes support for HP business apps, enabling users to access and print web content directly from the web using the touchscreen display.(3)
HP at Macworld | iWorld
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 color M451 printer and the HP LaserJet Pro 300/400 color MFP series were both unveiled at Macworld | iWorld 2012, taking place Jan. 26-28 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
More information about the new HP LaserJet printers and MFPs is available at HP booth 602.
Pricing and availability
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 color M451 printer is planned to be available in the United States Feb. 1. Availability in other regions will vary.
The HP LaserJet Pro 300/400 color MFP series is planned to be available worldwide Feb. 1.
Additional information about regional availability and pricing is available at www.hp.com/laserjet.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world's largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require a firmware upgrade. A list of supported documents and image types is available at
www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. Additional solutions are available at
(2) Supports iOS 4.2 devices (iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and third- and fourth-generation iPod touch) and later that support multitasking. Works with HP ePrint-enabled printers and all-in-ones. AirPrint and iOS 4.2 devices require an 802.11 wireless network connection to the printer. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point.
(3) Requires a wireless access point and an internet connection to the printer. Services may require registration. Availability varies by country, language and agreements, and requires a firmware upgrade. Details are available at http://www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
AirPrint Logo, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of restructuring and integration plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of restructuring and integration plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2011 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1866956