Fifth and final module of the CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series
Ann Arbor, Michigan, November 3, 2011 — CIMdata, Inc., the leading global PLM management consulting and research firm announces the release of the CIMdata 2011 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report, the fifth of five modules of the CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series. The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis on the worldwide PLM market during 2010. It contains analyses of major trends and issues, leading PLM suppliers, revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth. The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
- The CIMdata 2011 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2010, forecasts of investments for 2011 through 2015, and a summary of PLM suppliers’ performance in 2010.
- The CIMdata 2011 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2010, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
- The CIMdata 2011 PLM Market and Solution Supplier Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution supplier revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2011 through 2015.
- The CIMdata 2011 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2010 market results. CIMdata’s 2010 estimates and market forecasts for Mainstream PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics/telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process—petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
- The CIMdata 2011 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2010 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2010 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
“During 2010, all major geographies showed recovery from the global recession,” according to Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Director of Research. The Comprehensive PLM market grew to $25.8 billion overall (9.7% growth over 2009). “CIMdata forecasts a continued rebound to growth in all major regions during the five-year forecast period with Asia-Pacific growing above the overall PLM average in both Mainstream and Comprehensive PLM. North America and Western Europe are both mature markets. Growth in these markets is being driven by the expansion of the PLM footprint in larger companies, adoption by mid-market companies, and penetration of new industries, (e.g., financial services). Asia-Pacific, particularly in China and India, is adopting PLM in all sectors, driving higher-than-average growth. Eastern Europe (including Russia) offers an opportunity for above-average growth in EMEA. South America is in the early adoption phase, but has a smaller industrial base than other regions.”
This report focuses on spending in the PLM market by geographic region, and includes mainstream PLM spending by region and collaborative Product Definition management (cPDm) estimates for each country included in the analysis. It is important to note that all data and revenue information presented in this report are based on CIMdata’s estimates of the PLM market and the revenue performance of the PLM solution suppliers.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.cimdata.com.
CIMdata, a leading independent worldwide firm, provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions. Since its founding in 1983, CIMdata has delivered world-class knowledge, expertise, and best-practice methods on PLM solutions. These solutions incorporate both business processes and a wide-ranging set of PLM enabling technologies.
CIMdata works with both industrial organizations and suppliers of technologies and services seeking competitive advantage in the global economy. In addition to consulting, CIMdata conducts research, provides PLM-focused subscription services, and produces several commercial publications. The company also provides industry education through PLM certificate programs, seminars, and conferences worldwide. CIMdata serves clients around the world from offices in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. To learn more about CIMdata’s services, visit our website at www.CIMdata.com or contact CIMdata at: 3909 Research Park Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA. Tel: +1 (734) 668-9922. Fax: +1 (734) 668-1957; or at Oogststraat 20, 6004 CV Weert, The Netherlands. Tel: +31 (0) 495 533 666.
For more information contact
Tel: +1 (734) 668-9922
Stan Przybylinski, Director of Research
Tel: +1 (734) 668-9922