"This competition shows the impressive results users can achieve in rendering Vectorworks models within Renderworks and/or CINEMA 4D," explains Dave Donley, Rendering Manager at Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. "We are continuing to work on technologies which further strengthen this partnership."
"We are extremely pleased with the results of this competition," says Friederike Bruckert, Director of International Sales at MAXON Computer GmbH. "The winners invested a great deal of passion and energy into their entries, which serve as an inspiration to aspiring and seasoned designers."
There were a large number of entries from around the world, with the most submissions coming from Germany, U.S., Belgium, Switzerland, and Italy. All valid entries were evaluated by a jury and a panel of judges, and a "Fan Favorite" was chosen by public vote. The winner in each category will receive a $2,500 USD Visa gift card. The winners are:
- CINEMA 4D Animation Winner: "Modern uboot-kitchen" by Sina Grage. Grage was a student in northern Germany at the University Muthesius Kunsthochschule Kiel, and she now works for Feuerpfeil Design GmbH in Hamburg.
- Judges' summary: This well-modeled animation was especially creative in its use of colors, textures and lighting. The possibilities of the elements in the animation were also presented in an easy and convincing manner.
- CINEMA 4D Rendering Winner: "Dinner @ Panorama Tower" by Lmcad Estudios de Animacion. Located in the Dominican Republic, this firm specializes in architectural renderings and animations.
- Judges' summary: This CINEMA 4D Rendering is breathtaking. The designer combined extraordinary detail, excellent lighting, and depth-of-field control to create a sense of hyper-realism that makes it difficult to distinguish from a photograph. The placement of a colorful, out-of-focus image on the wall of a largely monochromatic space, and the careful use of shiny, subtly-colored textures in the table objects and furniture, create an attractive image of elegance and comfort.
- Vectorworks® Renderworks® Winner: "Soundstone - house of music - Render for a Master thesis" by Nicolai von Stromberg. Stromberg is a student at the Georg Simon Ohm Hochschule in Nuremberg, Germany.
- Judges' summary: This simple rendering delivers an interesting, fashionable atmosphere. Through the use of color and composition, this design achieves a humanistic look.
- Fan Favorite Winner: "Floating Olympic Village" by Julian Finke & Lena Dietrich, University of Applied Sciences, Detmold, Germany.
The panel of judges included Dan Jansenson, principal at Daniel Jansenson Architect and author of Remarkable Renderworks, from Santa Monica, Ca.; Tyler Littman, principal designer and owner of Sholight, LLC, from New York; Nicholas Dunand, freelance designer and sculptor, from Melbourne, Australia; Erik Recke, freelance architectural visualizer at Datenland, from Hamburg, Germany; Alejandro Nogueira, CEO at DECC Arte 3D from Tecamachalco, Edo. de Mexico, Mexico; Christoph Altermatt, Principal at raumgleiter, from Zurich, Switzerland; and Peter Hoste, founding partner at bmd, from Kalken, Belgium.
For images of the winning entries, please visit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vectorworks/sets/72157627719602418/
And to view the winning animation, visit: http://youtu.be/tRlEzyqtWw0
About Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc.
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nemetschek AG and has been developing software since 1985. The Vectorworks line of software products provides professional design solutions for more than 450,000 designers in the AEC, entertainment and landscape design industries. With a tradition of designing flexible, versatile, intuitive and affordable CAD and BIM solutions, Nemetschek Vectorworks continues to be a global leader in 3D design technologies. For more information, visit www.vectorworks.net.
About MAXON Computer
MAXON Computer GmbH is a subsidiary of Nemetschek AG and is developing professional 3D modeling, painting, animation and rendering solutions. Its award-winning CINEMA 4D and BodyPaint 3D software products have been used extensively to help create everything from stunning visual effects in top feature films, TV shows and commercials, cutting-edge game cinematics for AAA games, as well for medical illustration, architectural and industrial design applications. MAXON has offices in Germany, USA, United Kingdom, France and Japan. MAXON products are available directly from the website and its worldwide distribution channel. Specially priced learning editions of the company's software solutions are also made available to educational institutions. For additional information on MAXON, visit www.maxon.net.
For more information, contact:
Public Relations Specialist
Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc.
SOURCE Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc.
|Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc.
MAXON Computer GmbH