Trimble Field Inspector version 2.1 includes new functionality for a variety of field inspection and maintenance activities, including:
- Trimble GeoExplorer® 3000 and 6000 series support – Allows users to take advantage of the latest high-precision Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) mapping and Geographic Information System (GIS) handhelds from Trimble.
- Esri ArcGIS 10.0 support – Allows the Field Inspector solution to integrate with the latest release of Esri ArcGIS.
- Oracle 10g and 11g support – Expands the product capabilities to support the Field Inspector database on various Oracle platforms.
- File system support for images – Allows pictures, sketches and signatures to be stored on the file system in a user-defined location with hyperlink fields in the associated checklist records.
- New Barcode scan wizard – A wizard that guides the administrator through the parsing setup of 1D and 2D barcode scans to individual fields.
- Calculated fields wizard – A wizard that guides the administrator through the field workflows allowing simple or complex logic and calculations to individual data fields.
- French, Spanish and Chinese language support – Allows organizations to localize their Field Inspector Desktop and handheld software applications.
In the Field - Trimble Field Inspector Software for Handheld Computers
Trimble Field Inspector software for handhelds provides a robust GNSS-enabled mobile solution for optimizing smart grid and utility field operations, including asset installation, maintenance and inspection.
Using Trimble mapping and GIS handheld devices, the software allows utility field workers to capture GNSS time and location information along with 1D and 2D barcode data, digital images, digital sketches and electronic signatures. The GNSS data can be used to route jobs, locate workers and assets, and provide a valuable validation of where and when work is performed to support regulatory reporting.
Whether performing electric, gas, water, or wastewater maintenance inspection tasks, the Trimble Field Inspector software helps streamline operations with automated field workflows, easy-to-use smart handheld data collection forms, and the ability to interactively view jobs and assets using a map display. Through a single listing of all jobs and their status, users can quickly and easily locate and identify job assignments and priorities.
By putting utility maintenance inspection technology directly in the hands of the mobile workforce, Trimble Field Inspector allows field crews to complete their work faster and more accurately, enhancing utility service quality, improving system reliability and reducing cost.
In the Office - Trimble Field Inspector Desktop Software
Trimble Field Inspector Desktop software leverages existing GIS, asset, and work management databases and workflows to deliver a complete end-to-end handheld maintenance inspection solution for field workers.
The desktop software can connect to an existing Esri ArcGIS or Open Database Compliant (ODBC) system, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or utility database. Field maintenance tasks can be defined, grouped together as jobs, scheduled, assigned, and automatically transferred to handheld computers running the Trimble Field Inspector software.
Utility field workers can then perform maintenance tasks using the predefined workflows and easy-to-use smart data entry forms. Field captured data is then returned to the utility's existing back office GIS, ERP or CMMS database to update and track utility and smart grid field asset maintenance work status and history.
The Trimble Field Inspector version 2.1 is expected to be available in September of 2011 through Trimble's Utilities Field Solutions group. For more information about the Trimble Field Inspector solution, visit: www.trimble.com/fieldinspector.shtml.
Trimble's Utilities Field Solutions group specializes in field and office solutions for GIS mapping and work management, field data collection, design and inspection, outage management, and vehicle tracking for electric, gas, water and wastewater utilities around the world. Trimble's solutions integrate advanced positioning and mapping technologies with software and hardware to automate utility mapping, design and operations, enabling increased field worker safety and productivity, enhanced regulatory compliance, and improved customer service and response.
For more information about Trimble's utility industry solutions, visit: www.trimble.com/ufs.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
For more information, visit: www.trimble.com.
Willa McManmon, Trimble, Investor Relations
Email Contact Lea Ann McNabb, Trimble, Media