Sanjay Gangal is the President of IBSystems, the parent company of AECCafe.com, MCADCafe, EDACafe.Com, GISCafe.Com, and ShareCG.Com.
“The Finite Element Method for Solid and Structural Mechanics” By Olek Zienkiewicz , Robert Taylor, and David Fox
March 12th, 2014 by Sanjay Gangal
Article source: Amazon
|The Finite Element Methodfor Solid and Structural Mechanics is the key text and reference for engineers, researchers and senior students dealing with the analysis and modeling of structures, from large civil engineering projects such as dams to aircraft structures and small engineered components.
This edition brings a thorough update and rearrangement of the book’s content, including new chapters on:
- Material constitution using representative volume elements
- Differential geometry and calculus on manifolds
- Background mathematics and linear shell theory
Focusing on the core knowledge, mathematical and analytical tools needed for successful structural analysis and modeling,The Finite Element Method for Solid and Structural Mechanics is the authoritative resource of choice for graduate level students, researchers and professional engineers.
This book is part of a collection of 3 other books on the Finite Element Method.
The seventh edition of these seminal books delivers the most up to date and comprehensive reference yet on the finite element method for engineers and mathematicians. Renowned for their scope, range and authority, the new editions have been significantly revised and developed. Each book is now complete in its own right and provides self-contained reference, while together they provide a formidable resource covering the theory and the application of the universally used FEM.
These books are a classic solid mechanics FEM reference that no serious engineer concerned with finite elements should be without:
- A proven keystone reference in the library of any engineer needing to apply the finite element method to solid mechanics and structural design.
- Founded by an influential pioneer in the field and updated in this seventh edition by an author team incorporating academic authority and industrial simulation experience.
- Features new chapters on topics including material constitution using representative volume elements, as well as consolidated and expanded sections on rod and shell models.
The Finite Element Method Set is an extensive reference resource covering the theory and application of FEM in solid, structural and fluid systems. The books are software independent and cover founding principles alongside the latest developments in mathematics, modeling and analysis.
The Finite Element Method: Its Basis and Fundamentals, Seventh Edition
The Finite Element Method for Solid and Structural Mechanics, Seventh Edition
The Finite Element Method for Fluid Dynamics, Seventh Edition