So, you think that the Internet of Things (IoT) is a fad? Based on my experience at PTC’s LiveWorx 2015 in Boston this week, IoT is a big part of the future, not only for PTC, but for all of us.
Still not convinced? Just the attendance figures alone from this year over last might help convince you – LiveWorx 2014 (~350 attendees); LiveWorx 2015 (>2,300 attendees). Numbers don’t lie and that shows the growing interest in IoT.
Because of the amount of material covered in just a couple of days, and the major implications surrounding IoT and PTC, I’ll be writing about some the major (and some minor) technology and business announcements, as well as how this all fits together and might shape PTC’s strategy going forward, including:
- The benefits and advantages of IoT from PTC’s perspective
- Problematic IoT concerns that persist, including security and safety
- ThingWorx 6.0
- PTC’s partnership with ServiceMax for connected field service management
- PTC’s ThingWorx Converge as an IoT integration hub
- The ColdLight acquisition for handling big data and predictive analytics
- The ThingWorx Marketplace that has apps and related tools for IoT
- How IoT fits in with Creo and Windchill
LiveWorx 2015 Highlight Reel