Are you actively involved with or just plain interested in the mechanical design workflow from concept through manufacturing? If you are, then make MechSpot.com your electro-mechanical resource and community.
MechSpot.com is a new, innovative, and unique online community that is building a collaborative knowledge base for mechanical design and engineering.
Anyone is welcome to join the MechSpot.com community – students, schools, educators, professionals, companies, organizations, DIYers, hobbyists, and enthusiasts.
Receive the benefits of Mechspot membership including peer feedback, unlimited uploads and downloads, a growing creative collaborative community, streaming video, news, jobs, your own customizable portfolio, and much more!
Why should you join MechSpot.com?” Just some of the compelling reasons include:
- A home page where we’ll feature your latest uploads, your new products, trial software, press releases, job offerings, and more. We will feature this mix of content on the home page (e-newsletter) from all of our users.
- Showcasing your design work in your own Gallery, as well as in your own personalized Portfolio.
- Your username becomes a MechSpot URL extension that takes visitors directly to your Gallery and Portfolio. (http://MechSpot.ibsystems.com/<your username>).
- Learning about and trying out the latest design software with free downloads.
- Uploading and displaying your own content to help others, as well as to making a unique personal statement.
- Reaching an expanding audience, since MechSpot is the only digital community devoted solely to mechanical engineering and manufacturing.
- “Follow” other members and you’ll be notified each time a member uploads material to the site. Your “Followers” and the members that you are Following are displayed in your Gallery and Portfolio.
- Making any upload one of your “Favorites” for display in your Gallery and Portfolio.
- Giving and receiving valuable feedback, comments, and ratings on others’ work and products.
- Building your draft presence with up to 10 provided uploads and providing you with training so you’ll be able to maintain your presence effectively on your own. (We also offer an optional maintenance package where you tell us what assets you’d like presented, and we’ll do the work for you.
- Participating in the site’s lively community-based forum.
- Finding or posting a job using MechSpot’s job matching service.
Your unique URL will be www.mechspot.com/CompannyName (This is your login name – just like it is on Facebook and YouTube.). Mechspot will replace your YouTube and Facebook pages, because it’s just more effective for reaching your audience.
For example, YouTube only allows you to upload and present videos, and these video pages contain advertisements. Mechspot, on the other hand, has no advertisements and allows you to present a wide range of digital content. This ability lets you tell an entire story with videos that present company and product overviews, success stories, tutorials, etc. You can supplement your story with white papers, brochures, specifications, and other collateral material, show off your visualizations, and offer trial software for download.
As a second example, Facebook uses your page, which you pay them to advertise, to place their advertisements on, and of course, doesn’t offer any of the wide range of digital content placement that we do.
Both of these social sites, by their nature, have general audiences and are not targeted toward the mechanical engineering and manufacturing groups you want to reach.
MechSpot.com is absolutely free to sign up for and use. Everything on the site is 100% free to view and download.
MechSpot.com’s official launch date is January 28, 2013, but you can become a member right now. After the site launches, additional functionality will continually be added, including enhanced social connectivity, mobile apps (For Apple, Android, and Windows), and a member-customizable newsletter. And that’s only the beginning – MechSpot.com is a dynamic community that will grow along with you.
Sign up and come join us today!
We hope to see you online!
Explore & Learn with us!