Learn how to install, configure, and troubleshoot SQL Server 2000—and prepare for the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam—with this official Microsoft study guide. Work at your own pace through the lessons and hands-on exercises. And use the special exam-prep section and testing tool to measure what you know and where to focus your studies—before taking the actual exam. As you build real-world database administration expertise, you’re also preparing for MCP Exam 70-228—a core exam on the MCDBA track and an elective on the MCSA and MCSE tracks.
Build the skills to:
- Install or upgrade to SQL Server 2000
- Configure database options—capacity, connectivity, and performance
- Automate data transfer and manipulation with Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages
- Use SQL Server replication services
- Manage security features—authentication, logins, permissions, and alerts
- Monitor and fine-tune system performance with tools such as SQL Server Agent, SQL Profiler, and the Windows® System Monitor
- Perform backups and restorations
Ready for the exam? Take practice tests on the CD.
Your kit includes:
- Comprehensive self-paced study guide that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
- NEW—Test-readiness tool that generates timed, 50-question practice exams with automated scoring
- NEW—More than 200 pages of exam prep and objective-by-objective review
- Learn-by-doing exercises for skills you can apply to the job
- 120-day evaluation version of SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition
- Fully searchable eBook?plus sample databases and technical white papers—on CD
Assess your skills with practice tests. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.